Staff Software Engineer, VIP Product Development
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Network Processing Product Development team in VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) delivers quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of delivering projects that support the World Wide Business Releases, quarterly, monthly and weekly projects and maintenance work, as well as multiyear infrastructure projects. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be based in Foster City, California and will report to Visa's Network Processing, Product Development Management based in Foster City.
As part of the Network Processing Product Development organization, you'll be responsible for client configuration and profile management for issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you'll gain experience collaborating with various parts of the Network Processing organization in the software development life cycle, supporting of endpoint configurations for the test environment, and implementing the configuration changes to the production system.
The product that you oversee is an essential part of the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) system, which is the core of Visa’s realtime authorization system. As a Staff Software Engineer for VIP Product Development, you will be interfacing with developers who are creating software solutions for the world’s most heavily used payment systems.
- Maintain and enhance the VIP system’s client configuration information
- Maintain, provide support, and problem resolution relating to member profiles for the VIP test system environment
- Work with other team members to successfully implement business requirements while applying the available tools and technology
- Demonstrate initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets all technical requirements within the scheduled timeframe
- Take initiative to innovate, develop technical solutions when you identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems
- Suggest and cultivate ideas on the improvement, extension of the current systems
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate, to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Provide support for business and technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support
- 7+ years of application design and development experience required
- Must have experience in a mainframe environment - MVS, JCL, TSO, ISPF, QMF, FADB2, SQL, COBOL, DB2, VM
- Experience with C/C++ and OO design is desirable
- Familiarity with REXX and Clist is desirable
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler and the Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) operating system is desirable
- Familiarity with VPARS, TPF toolkit and debugger, and testing TPF in a VM environment is desirable
- Experience in the electronic payment systems, or financial services industry is desirable
- Experience implementing software solutions in a highly complex environment
- Ability to work well with a team in a high performance organization
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills, ability to build and maintain effective relationships across cross functional groups
- Self-motivated and adaptable, including the ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies, new skills, and apply to new tasks and initiatives quickly
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline is required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.