Project Manager - Data Platform
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocate for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
We are the Data Platform Technology team within Visa. We collaborate with every other team at Visa to deliver on our broad mandate of Data Platforms that are secure, robust, and effective. To achieve this, we continuously and proactively reflect, learn, and commit to develop our platform, our processes, and our people.
We are actively looking for a talented and versatile Project Manager (I6) to join our team!
- Day-to-day accountablity for tracking scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives.
- As Scrum Master, coaches multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and works cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- Initiates team process and technology improvements, shares learnings with peers and managers.
- Persistently and creatively removes obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering against project objectives.
- Supports the adoption of key engineering excellence practices including Reflection, Learning, Code Review, Continuous Integration, and Automation.
- Supports our learning community, attending classes, meetups, and suggests new ideas or improvements.
- Promotes teamwork; coaches project team members.
- Support implementation of Visa PMM required project gates and artifacts.
- May manage budget specific to Infrastructure for his/her project.
- Bachelors or Masters STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math), or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience, as an Analyst, Scrum Master, Project Manager or Developer, working with technical teams developing software solutions. Including, 1+ years of hands-on experience as a Scrum Master, Kanban, or Agile coach.
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of Data Platform and DevOps projects.
- Good communication skills.
- Good facilitation skills.
- One or more Agile certifications: CSM, PMI ACP, ICAgile.
- PMP, or similar detailed knowledge of formal project management processes.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.