Senior Director, Enterprise Travel Partnerships
- New York, NY, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking an experienced payments professional to join the U.S. travel merchant team. The Senior Director, Enterprise Travel Partnerships will be responsible for developing and executing strategies and partnership initiatives to help grow Visa’s partner business with select large, high revenue travel merchant partners with whom Visa has co-brand relationships. Specific responsibilities will include direct sales of additional products and services; as well as deepening partner engagement and management.
The position will also work closely with various internal departments and external merchant and Financial Institution partners to ensure appropriate communication flows and sustained business relationships.
The Senior Director, Enterprise Travel Partnerships position will be based in Visa’s New York office and report up through the travel merchant vertical.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary point of contact and lead for important, large, high revenue generating travel clients; Be accountable for all co-brand and non-co-brand related activities and contractual commitments with assigned accounts.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive business plan for Visa’s activities with assigned accounts, in conjunction with all key external and internal stakeholders.
- Represent client's interest and needs internally within Visa which requires a thorough understanding of the client's objectives, strategies/key initiatives, underlying business philosophy, financial model, and key players; as well as Visa's interaction model and approach for winning more business.
- Be accountable for financial reporting, budget/contractual commitment tracking and performance metric reporting, utilizing Visa’s Playbook reporting tool where appropriate.
- Responsible for updating Visa leadership on all account activities and performance through regular reporting and communications, including executive briefing documents etc.
- Deepen engagement with assigned travel accounts through the cross-selling of non-co-brand Visa products and services where appropriate including Contactless, Visa Direct, Tokenization, CyberSource fraud solutions, Loyalty & Offers solutions, among others.
- Collaborate with key internal Visa partners - including but not limited to Finance, Legal, Product, Marketing, CyberSource, Financial Institution Sales and Merchant Sales on all applicable initiatives.
- Lead the co-brand renewal process (if applicable) for all assigned accounts.
- Demonstrate T&E industry thought leadership and innovation while being able to develop customized go to market strategies.
- Identify, develop and execute Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) fee-based strategic engagements
- Develop cross-border transaction volume growth strategies and support international market development where appropriate
- Minimum of 15 years related sales and client management experience.
- Extensive industry expertise, knowledge of financial controls and legal impacts of contract management.
- Travel Co-brand Issuer and/or Travel merchant experience managing a co-brand portfolio P&L.
- Consulting, client management and/or loyalty/coalition loyalty management experience desired.
- Proven track record of successful sales and relationship management with proven ability to interact with ‘C’ level executives within client organizations.
- Proven ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships.
- Proven ability negotiating business agreements and aptitude to develop new business partnerships.
- Facility to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success/achievement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Relevant Bachelors degree required; MBA desired.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.