Senior Account Lead - Level 6
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
At Visa, we are often recruiting for Account Leads to build our existing team. We anticipate that Account Lead roles may become available in the near future. If you think you could support Visa as an Account Lead we want to hear from you! Our team will be in touch with you to initially explore your skills and experience. This way, we have already started to consider you, and assessed your suitability, prior to the recruitment process initiating!
What’s it all about?
Responsible for actively managing the relationship with one of our Signature Clients to promote and secure use of Visa Europe products and services.
Responsible for driving sales and development across the business in our UK & Ireland market. By building deep partnerships with our clients, opening up access and offering creative solutions with a strong focus on developing this client segment.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Manage Signature Account, ensuring members are provided appropriate support from Visa
- Be accountable for prioritising conflicting and competing demand across products to ensure Visa resources are deployed to maximum effect
- Engaged in management activities at an industry or market level and has the ability to influence divisional direction, plans and / or priorities
- Work with members to identify new and ongoing requirements, introducing new products and services as appropriate, endeavouring to break down silos and work together as “One Visa”
- Work closely with the client regularly liaising with multiple key stakeholders and ensuring an ongoing quality relationship is maintained
- Demonstrate good knowledge of all Visa Europe products and services, with expert knowledge in certain areas. Expected to understand the impact of their specialty area on assigned client´s business
- Engage with cross functional colleagues ensuring teams such as marketing, merchant & acquiring and consulting are appropriately involved and informed about relevant member issues
- Engage in internal stakeholder management within Visa, lobbying management to drive change internally and ensuring teams such as the marketing and consulting teams are appropriately involved and abreast of the issues
- Provide guidance and support with major contract negotiations and is involved in all major structural changes/account restructures.
- Everyone is a leader at Visa, and build on team’s analytical skills and business knowledge, sharing your subject matter expertise and acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate
- Work closely with own member business, liaising with all key stakeholders on a regular basis and developing a quality “trusted adviser” relationship
- Proactively works with clients to identify new and ongoing requirements, introducing new products and services as appropriate
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and departmental plans
- Solve unique problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Contribute to the development of the overarching strategy for the client and Visa
What we’re after…
- Extensive previous sales management experience
- Deep knowledge and experience of the payments business and/or financial services
- Ability to liaise with and influence key stakeholders
- Commercial understanding, the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Broad knowledge about Visa Europe and its products and services
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels within own member business
- Proven influencing, selling and negotiation skills
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.