Lead Software Engineer - Data Product Development
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position reports to a Director of Visa Loyalty Programs in Singapore and will be based in Singapore and works directly with technical product owner in USA. As Lead Software Engineer at VISA on the data team, you will be responsible for helping build our data platform that aids various payments technologies. You will be leading a small team of developers by example, doing deep hands on work, working on Big Data products that provides insights to business at the speed of thought using predictive analytics on Big Data.
• Work with peer leads, local and remote, to make local team part of the global team to deliver Big Data Product Predictive Analytics Product using Spark and Hadoop.
• Understand end to end product and deliver on the module you are leading; on time, with high quality in an agile team by owning design, development and testing.
• Understand complex data processing pipelines and the associated business logic, and understand the impact of work you are doing to the overall system.
• Accurately scope effort, identify risks and clearly communicate trade-offs with the team members and other stakeholders.
• Mentor Engineers on technology, process, people, and product skills.
• Ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
• 10+ year experience in working with Big Data or data products as database engines.
• BS/MS in computer science from a reputed university.
• Expert in data structure, algorithm and passion for solving hard problems.
• Expert in coding in at least one language: Scala, Java or C++.
• Strong technical knowledge in current Big Data technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc.
• Familiarity with modern web technologies as HTML5, AngularJS, CSS and REST API development is a big plus.
• Familiarity in scripting with at least one language (Perl/python/shell script).
• Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.