Full stack developer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Inc. is searching for a passionate Full stack developer for our MAP PD team. As a key team member, he/she will be helping us building next generation in-house tools for MAP PD which is going to have a greater positive impact in our Developer productivity. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with developers and customers to ease their journey and to influence the product roadmap, to ensure the user experience is easy and frictionless.
Join our team and take on this unique opportunity to build an experience that can meaningfully impact and transform the way our end users do their job.
- Primary responsibility of a Full Stack Developer is to develop and support customized enterprise tools in a fast phased environment
- Developing the UI that will serve as the entry point to this new experience.
- Be involved in a team that is designing a new experience for our tools and will be consistently challenged to produce a UI that is as simple as it can be yet sophisticated enough to help our end-users accomplish complex tasks.
- Building with latest technologies (ML/NLP/frontend/backend/devops/Cloud) and practicing our enterprise wide processes.
- Design, develop and optimize UI for our users
- Work closely with our Tools engineering teams across the locations to implement best practices
- Work closely with the full stack engineers on the team to refine and help design the correct APIs required by the UI
- Work with other engineering teams and internal customers to identify new opportunities, address critical needs, and solve complex problems using your skills in design simple yet sophisticated UIs
- Become an expert at leveraging internal platform resources and APIs.
- Provide direct support to developers on the MAPPD portals.
- Coordinate with PD, QA, Devops, Cloud engineering and other Operations tams to address developer requests and to provide a superior customer experience
- Continuously expand your knowledge base with new products/APIs being added to the platform
- Continually improve the customer experience and drive towards self-service by developing the community, being the voice of the customer and influencing product roadmap
- Innovate on new ways to interact with developers
- Focus on identifying and meeting developer needs that result in high impact solutions
Full Stack Developer for ASE Team:
- 4-7 years of experience in software development
- Bachelor Degree required. Engineering degree preferred
Technology stack: Core Java, Advanced Java, Java script frame works like React/Angular/JQuery, css, shell script basics, Python
Process awareness in agile methodology
Experience in tools like Jira, CI/CD - Jenkins/Hudson, Git/Bitbucket/Stash, Linux platform, IDE - Eclipse/inteliJ, Webservers - Tomcat/JBoss
- Ideal if you have direct experience building applications through use of API
- Strong cross functional, global collaboration skills with an ability to work across all levels
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced and complex environment, with an ability to handle increasing customer demands
- Excellent presence and experience in communicating and presenting to stakeholders
- Working knowledge of payments industry a plus but not required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.