Director, US Travel Partnerships
- New York, NY, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking a payments professional to join the N.A. Merchant Team supporting the Travel sector Senior Account Executives and leadership team. The Director of Travel Partnerships will be responsible for developing and executing sales strategies and partnership initiatives to support Visa’s Travel partner business. Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to; client management, cross-selling merchant products and services, supporting the contractual requirements of Visa’s co-brand programs and development of reporting, presentations and resource materials. In addition, the Director of Travel Partnerships will serve as a secondary point of contact for key client relationships.
The position will also work closely with various internal departments, external merchants, and Financial Institution partners to ensure appropriate communication flows and sustained business relationships.
This Director of Travel Partnerships position will be based in Visa’s New York office and report up through the U.S. Travel merchant vertical team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support Senior Account Executives in select duties related to managing large key travel merchant relationships, as well as own select mid to small sized travel merchant partnerships.
- Represent clients’ interest and needs internally within Visa, which requires a thorough understanding of the client's objectives, strategic priorities, underlying business philosophy, financial model, and key players.
- Coordinate, develop and assist in implementing sub-sector and client-specific business plans for Visa’s activities with assigned travel accounts, in conjunction with all key external and internal stakeholders.
- Develop financial reporting, budget/contractual commitment tracking and performance metric reporting, utilizing the Playbook tool where appropriate.
- Develop, maintain and distribute relevant briefing and reporting documentation to keep Visa leadership apprised of all account activities and performance.
- Support the expansion of existing travel partnerships through cross-selling of applicable Visa products and services where appropriate, including contract negotiation and execution
- Collaborate with key internal Visa partners - including Finance, Legal, Product, Marketing, Financial Institution Sales and Merchant Sales
- Manage and administer client philanthropic sponsorship commitments
- Support client corporate sponsorship commitments and activations
- Actively participate in and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned
- Relevant Bachelors degree required; MBA preferred.
- Payments industry knowledge; familiarity of financial controls and legal impacts of contract management.
- Minimum of 5 years business experience with related sales and management experience.
- Ability to manage & grow internal and external resources and cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with high level of success / achievement.
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing complex, competitive sales opportunities
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SalesForce; Photoshop knowledge ideal.
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.