Associate Product Manager, Data APIs & Platforms
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do.
Visa has an extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 46 million merchant locations globally and captures more than 160 billion transactions per year. Making this data more usable and accessible to our clients, in a responsible way, is key to enabling our clients to better serve their customers through insights from the data and to putting cash out of business.
The focus of the Data APIs and Platforms team is building a scalable service architecture and products that provide Visa’s diverse, global client and partner base value-added APIs (benchmarks, predictive models, and enriched data) in a simple, efficient and scalable way. We are looking for an Associate Product Manager who brings a strong sense of ownership and a can-do attitude in tackling the challenge, wants to build their product management experience and can work collaboratively across a highly matrixed organization to drive results. You will join a Global Data Product team of data enthusiasts that includes data scientists, product managers, data architects, technologists and many more.
This role reports into the Sr. Director of Data APIs and Platforms, and will support Product Managers in the ideation, development and execution of the product roadmap. You will be working day-to-day with colleagues across Visa, and across the globe to drive adoption of our Data APIs. The position is based either at Visa's headquarter in the San Francisco Bay Area (Foster City, CA) or our office in the Washington, DC Metro Area (Ashburn, VA).
- Support Product Managers in the ideation, development and execution of the product roadmap
- Collaborate with team to set long-term vision and strategy for your products through evidence-based decision-making, contribute to product roadmap and evangelize with internal partners and external clients.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and build strong relationships by engaging colleagues and breaking down silos - yet act decisively, and acknowledge and recover from mistakes quickly
- Empower engineering through joint discovery, decision-making and accountability – work as one team
- Help build, nurture and convert our API sales pipeline
- Bring a passion for how we make our clients more successful, our data more useful, and Visa better.
The successful candidate will likely have a mix of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical or technology field such as business/finance, operations research, economics, computer science
- 1-2 years professional experience in product management, consulting, business strategy, analytics or e-commerce.
- Strong analytical skills. Comfortable sourcing data from internal and external sources.
- Comfort presenting to senior stakeholders, and current and prospective clients
- A strong understanding of Agile development methodologies (bonus if it’s hands-on using JIRA)
- Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Team player focused on “getting things done”
- Track record of delivering results on time and proactively managing expectations with stakeholders and leadership
- Collaboration, accountability, drive, inquisitiveness, adaptability, humor, empathy and humility will get you far
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.