VP, Agile Business/Product Transformation
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the SVP and Head of Product Delivery at Visa, this position is responsible for creating and implementing a multiyear agile product transformation. This leader will be responsible for designing, developing and delivering the organizational, cultural and process changes for enterprise agile business transformation. Working on multiple internal initiatives, this person will have had experience with leadership alignment efforts, change readiness, stakeholder and employee engagement, large-scale training programs, organizational and talent performance analysis, and communication programs.
- Establishing and implementing the transformation roadmap. Convening the leadership team on substantial topics that only the leadership team can resolve
- Creating improved interaction models between the Product organization and our core internal partners in Technology, Client Service, Marketing, and Sales
- Establishing measures and practices to include leadership accountability for rapidly delivering on roadmap outcomes
- Building an advisory cadence with the leadership team and providing a single version of the truth on transformation progress to ensure visibility and action on the key risks and issues.
- Maintaining momentum on the workforce plan to deliver greater flexibility in roles to enable more rapid redeployment of talent within Product
- Ensuring effective engagement throughout the program with sponsoring teams to allow for seamless transition of new capabilities into BAU operational mode.
- As required, initiate work on urgent work streams where leaders are not yet in place, with the expectation they will be handed off when the organization is ready to take on the work
- Working with the Product leadership to identify additional areas of optimization by deconstructing issues, developing solutions, assigning accountability, and following through to conclusion.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 15+ years of accelerated professional growth in leading companies, with a track record of increasing levels of responsibility and accomplishments; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience leading agile business transformation or scaling an agile operating model in a native agile environment.
- Experience implementing agile practices broadly across a large enterprise.
- Reputation as a thought leader able to advocate a point of view, consider alternatives, and move the group to a decisive conclusion at all levels of seniority
- Experience establishing, leading and successfully completing large transformation programs that lead to measurable result.
- Professional track record of being given responsibility for large, complex programs involving significant levels of organizational change at the most senior levels in a company, and guiding cross functional teams to complete these programs with a high level of effectiveness
- Established reputation for building peer like relationships with senior leaders in a large, complex organization, and being able to communicate and influence groups with highly developed communication skills
- Strong, documented evidence of effective team leadership and people development
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment and remain calm under pressure. Comfortable with problem solving ambiguity
- Is trusted by senior leaders to provide a candid view of “what is really going on”.
- Demonstrated ability to build momentum for change and driving the team across the finish line in making it happen.
- Incumbent must make themselves available to speak with partners in various international time zones
- Position can be based in San Francisco or any other Visa office- travel requirements will vary depending on where the incumbent is based. This position requires the incumbent to travel for work. If Bay Area based, approximately 10% travel will be required. If based from another Visa office location, approximately 75% travel will be required
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.