Senior Software Test Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance only in the most complex situations. The role will analyze and troubleshoot user requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing systems under broadly defined practices and procedures, including working with developers in analyzing and developing process improvements for system administration/environmental build function.
The Issuer Processing Client Test team is part of Visa's Global Client Services group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world.
The successful candidate will be part of a global team to design and develop Test designs and Test cases for the Issuer processing for the Global Client Testing Organization. He/she will perform Functional and Automation testing for Debit Processing Services applications and will need detailed analytical skills and a good understanding of the test methodologies to be able to interface directly and make decisions with staff members of Global Client Testing, Product Management, Project Management, Client Implementations and Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology-related field
- 5 years of hands-on Quality Assurance experience
- Must have experience with Automation tools like QTP, Selenium RC/Web driver
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required
- 3 years of experience and Master’s degree
- PhD without experience
- Manual testing experience
- General business knowledge of financial systems
- 3 plus years of EFT experience strongly desired
- Tandem / Connex Advantage experience is a plus
- Debit processing experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
- Experience with tools like clear quest, ALM, AGM, Share point and Wiki
- Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software
- Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple applications
- Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget
- Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs
- Create systems and testing documentation per department standards
- Follow standards in development and testing to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements
- Follow Quality Control processes according to the Industry Standard practices
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
- Identify and document software defects in a clear manner and retest using corrected code to resolve the issue in a timely manner
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with development as required
- Design, document and track test cases in tracking system
- Produce metrics for projects as required by Project Management, Clients and/or Implementation team
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of testing deliverables
- Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law