Senior Data Quality Analyst Operational Resilience – Technology Solutions
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Operational Resilience organization is seeking a high caliber Data Quality and Business Intelligence professional to join the Technology Solutions team in the role of Senior Analyst. This is an individual contributor role reporting directly to the Director of Technology Solutions. The Operational Resilience organization manages complex data sets and relationships that form the foundation for effective business continuity and crisis management planning. The Senior Data Quality Analyst is responsible for turning data into information, and information into insights to drive informed business decisions.
As a global brand that connects merchants, banks and consumers, it is important that Visa is resilient through its preparedness and response to major disasters, outages or disruptions. We are looking for a highly driven individual that can help drive data quality and technical solutions that improve the efficiency and productivity of the organization.
· Identify, manage, and maintain relationships with internal partners providing authoritative data sources for business continuity and crisis management planning
· Establish and maintain a data catalogue of all data points managed by the organization for analysis and quality assurance including authoritative data sources and internally managed data points
· Manage the quality, integrity, and validity of inbound and outbound data and develop processes to measure and track optimum data quality
· Perform data analysis (interpret data, identify trends, analyze results) to proactively manage integrity issues and generate reports with instructions on corrective action
· Manage the business continuity Excel-based program tracker including daily updates, integrity checks, and ongoing maintenance
· Work closely with the systems administrator to maintain data in the business continuity and crisis management planning application
· Liaise with program owners to understand operational resilience data to define metrics, KPIs, and meaningful business intelligence reports to support in effective management decision-making
· Liaise with management and governance team to support business intelligence reports and dashboards for executive and committee reporting
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Economics, Statistics, or other relatable field of study and 5+ years of industry experience
· Excellent analytical skills and ability to understand and contextually interpret data
· Experience with conducting advanced analysis in Excel and database queries in relational database management systems
· Demonstrated proficiency in Office 365 suite Power BI, Report Builder, and Tableau
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
· Adept at queries, report writing and creating dashboards for senior management
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and high pressured environment
· Strong interpersonal and indirect influencing skills, with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence of individuals at various organizational levels
· High level of personal initiative, creativity and self-motivation
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.