Staff Software Engineer - .net
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
We are looking for an experienced .NET/C# engineer to join the team working on building our next generation Payments Platform. The successful engineer will report to the Sr. Director of Platform Development for Issuer Processing. This role will focus on building high performance APIs that will enable integration with and across the new platform. This role will interface directly with staff members of Product and Project Management, Quality Assurance, in addition to other members of the Engineering team and offers a significant potential to positively impact Issuer Processing’s future.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable building APIs with Microsoft technology. Additionally, the ability to drive technical ideas and communicate clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences is essential to this role.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Design and develop API based applications using C#, .NET Core/.NET 4.5+ utilizing Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio.
- Design, develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as build enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develop unit-tests and oversee execution.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams on software development or support issues.
- Engage with Quality Assurance team members on defect triage and resolution.
- Lead development and oversee programming testing functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered while fulfilling expectations.
- Work as part of a development team and establish close working relationships with stake holders, quality assurance, architects, management and peers in engineering.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Prepare design documents; evaluate and recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define and implement solutions.
- Participate in the Agile process including stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews and retrospectives.
- Lead by example; demonstrating accountability, mentoring junior team members, and by contributing to departmental procedures, best practices, and standards.
5+ years required (8+ years preferred)
Experience in developing and supporting web applications.
Experience in best practices for web application development and design patterns.
Knowledge of SQL Server, NOSQL, stored procedures, database design preferred.
Experience using C#, ASP.NET 4.0 and the .Net framework (versions 4.5+) preferred.
Experience with AJAX, WPF, WF, and the MVC/MVVM design pattern preferred.
Experience with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and responsive web UI preferred.
Experience in defining remote communication methodologies such as web services, WCF, MQ, and Rest preferred.
Experience with WebAPI and REST services preferred.
- Design, develop, document and implement
new functionality, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to
- Experience in creating performing tests
and produce results to ensure accurate compliance with project design
requirements for compliance, load and performance testing
- Create documentation and procedures for
installation and maintenance
- Experience in all phases of software
development life cycle including project management, functional requirements
definition, technical design, development, testing, quality assurance, system
certification, systems implementation and system validation.
- Experience in creating database related
technical designs, effort estimation, design and analytical aptitude
- Consistently able to assess and evaluate
problems in a production environment and manage risk to the service when
- Experience with Agile software
* Sound knowledge of all UNIX and Cassandra/MongoDB utilities. Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues.
* Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
* Proficiency in writing functions and packages for administration and application support
* Strong knowledge of operating systems, scripting languages, data modeling and business intelligence tools.
* Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
* Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
* Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
* Work experience in a Financial Institute will be preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.