Sr. Staff Software Engineer - Java
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Issuer Processing Platform Development team to help design, enhance and build our mission critical payment processing solutions in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will be take leadership roles working on multiple projects building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API and Container based services that are highly functional,distributed, secure, scalable and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
-You will build partnerships with product management to make sure that the products we are building deliver real value.
-You’ll use technologies that include Java, REST, NoSQL, Docker and more.
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solution that is robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- You have the work and academic experience that will demonstrate proficiency and ease with programming languages, code quality initiatives, scripting languages and operating systems.
- You’ll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of our payment processing solutions.-You’ll lead efforts to architect, design and implement various components of our global transaction processing systems.
- Your DNA would include following and creating software best practices and processes.
- You coach and mentor your team members and help them grow professionally.
- You’ll lead meeting and discussions with cross-functional and non-technical teams.
-You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 12+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 10+ years of Software Development Experience.
- You have proven experience leading teams that have delivered high quality large scale enterprise class applications.
- You are a Java expert and you have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, Mockito.
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements.
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You have a strong work ethic to focus on our goals.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand the requirements and independently, architect, design and build the solution.
- You have the passion to work with people and help mentor your juniors to reach new heights.
- As an end-end champion for your products, you will have strong debugging and Unix skills to help support our Operations teams.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus.
- Exposure to leading edge areas such as Machine Learning that lead to deeper customer insights.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.