Staff SW Test Engineer
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are more than 5,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. The Issuer Processing Software Test team is part of Visa's Global Development group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world. It is an exciting time for any professional to join the Software Test Team.
* Develop/Maintain automation scripts
* Collaborate with developers and QA leads to improve testability, automation, and tools
* Analyze automation feasibility
* Devise the best automation approach
* Develop Proof of concept (POC)
* Develop/maintain automation framework
* Creating clear automation approach document
* Follow the standards in development to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
* Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
* Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with functional/development as required
* Document software defects using bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
* Work with functional team, development team to ensure on time and quality delivery
* Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology related field.
* 8 or more years of experience on automation using QTP
* Strong MVS skills and coding skills
* General business knowledge of financial systems and EFT
* Understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
* Strong 8 plus years of experience in Automation using QTP/Selenium
* Strong knowledge on VB Script with minimum of 8 years of experience
* Must have worked on Database testing
* 2 plus years of experience in JAVA
* Strong knowledge on SQL with minimum of 4 years of hands on experience
* Basic knowledge on Unix and shell scripting
* Must have worked with SVN tool
* Web service testing and automation knowledge is preferred
* Strong understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
* Experience in MVS
* Experience in Tandem
* Experience with tools like clear quest, ALM, AGM, Share point, Wiki
* Skills/ Abilities:
* Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to function under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
* Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and able to quickly learn and implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks and tools.
* Strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and Able to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
* Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.