Finance Analyst – Finance Business Partner - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Finance Analyst – Finance Business Partner, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This role will support the Senior Finance Business Partner to provide key financial & commercial support and direction to the supported function leadership and team through the provision of accurate, timely and insightful data and analysis to support financial control, optimal decision making and alignment between financial and business objectives.
Integral to the position is the ability to build partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders both in the relevant function and in finance.
The incumbent will lead decision support and appropriate financial analytics to respond to business requirements and drive decision-making including business case modelling and scenario assessments.
The Finance Business Partner is also critical to ensure adherence to financial controls throughout the supported function and beyond.
This hands-on role requires commercial acumen with the desire and ability to challenge the status quo to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and performance of the function.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Finance Business Partnering
- Support functional revenue, expense and balance sheet accounting and reporting, ensuring adherence to appropriate processes and controls are in place, and that the financial position is correctly understood, interpreted and communicated at cost centre level
- To lead on financial control and financial governance activities for relevant function
- Embed P&L thinking into decision-making and drive the implementation, understanding and management of P&L particularly within cost centre owners
- Provide effective Decision Support on key investment proposals and opportunities for strategic initiatives by executing complex analysis, business case modelling and forecasting
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders within Europe and Global HQ, specifically the HQ finance teams to align with global reporting,
- Provide advice, interpretation and guidance on finance policies, practices and processes to the relevant function
- Support in the delivery of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Quarterly Forecasts for the relevant function
- Support the reporting & planning cycles, including Annual Budget and Forecasts
- Use underlying trends and external market factors to assist with the short-term forecasts (current financial year), budgets (next financial year) and other longer term plans as required
- Ensure Operating Expense and Capital Expenditure requirements are identified, understood and challenged, and make recommendations with respect to performance against targets, budgeting process and financial viability of new functional initiatives
- Work closely with Financial Controllership Team to ensure the integrity and accuracy of monthly financial results for the supported function, identify any material financial adjustments & journals required, and provide Transaction level detail to the support function
Analysis and Management Information (MI)
- Support in the delivery of proactive and insightful analysis of key trends to enrich commentary and understanding of the key business and financial Risks & Opportunities
- Provide timely, accurate and customised MI for the functions performance, including recommendations for action where applicable
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of the functions business drivers and develop a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall business strategy
Process design and Improvement
- Implement Strategic initiative tracking tools and ensure clear and effective engagement between Finance and Function for all key processes
- Develop Financial processes to support the business needs and implementation of new initiatives
- Drive improvements across the functions in forecast accuracy and streamline the forecast process
What we’re after…
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with post qualified experience
- Business Partnering experience with the ability to build and cultivate effective relationships with stakeholders within the relevant function and within the Finance function at a regional and potentially a global level
- Demonstrated strong commercial focus with a proven record of analysing business performance, identifying trends and issues and Challenges the norm by recommending appropriate actions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, and the ability to interpret trends, identify issues and recommend actions
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Proven self-starter
Experience of Hyperion, Oracle Applications, COGNOS and an advance user of Microsoft Office programmes.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.