Systems Analyst (Application Production Support)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As our System Analyst you will be required to support the Distributed Operations Support Team, and will work in a fast paced 24*7 environment. You should be highly self-motivated, driven and motivated for excellence. You will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing dedicated maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The right candidate will need working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, critical issue procedures and such. In addition, you will write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre- and post production implementations.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years' experience in Software Development or Application Support
- At least 2 years' experience programming in Microsoft Visual Studio .Net, C#.Net or Java
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server Database or MySQL
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 & IIS 7/8 or Tomcat
- Experience in scripting against Windows or Linux, i.e. PowerShell, VB or Unix Shell Script
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects. Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management, etc.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.·
This position does not require the incumbent to travel for work
- Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
- Position includes a 24*7 support rotation
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.