Senior Director, Finance - NA Expense Planning and Analysis
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The North America Financial Planning & Analysis team serves as a business partner for the North America Group Executive and provides finance support for a variety of underlying Regional business functions. We are an agile, highly visible team that collaborates across all functions/product lines and plays a key role in providing financial planning, month-end reporting and decision support analytics to business leaders.
We are seeking a proactive finance professional to lead the North America Expense Planning & Analysis team. This person will cultivate strategic partnerships across the organization, possess superior analytical and problem solving skills, drive strategic and financial thought leadership and successfully complete the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and month-end reporting processes. The person will also lead decision support and other financial analytics to answer key business questions and drive decision making. In addition, this person will lead overall North America Financial Planning & Analysis process improvement efforts by driving implementation/adoption of systems and tools, and elimination of duplication across teams.
- Lead cross functional expense and headcount planning, budgeting and reporting for North America businesses
- Collaborate with business leaders to quantify the financial impacts of operational risks and opportunities. Successfully apply insights learned to the planning and forecasting processes
- Drive the coordination, organization and execution of quantitative and decision support analyses, and advise senior management on insights and recommended actions.
- Create effective performance metrics to drive accountability and ownership within the corporate departments and business units
- Partner with Functional finance teams to understand and prepare commentary regarding variances, business drivers and influence forecasting assumptions
- Identify and implement changes that improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational decision making
- Make decisions with limited guidance, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
- Lead overall North America Financial Planning & Analysis efforts to identify, implement and adopt systems/tools that help improve business performance analytics and forecasting accuracy
- Partner with Corporate, Controller and North America Finance team to identify and eliminate duplicate processes
- Ensures the highest level of effectiveness and continued skill development of the Finance team
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA or advanced degree from top tier academic institution
- 10-15 years of finance/financial planning/financial business partner experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint required
- Experience with a complex financial system (e.g., Hyperion, TM1, Oracle, etc)
- Highly motivated finance leader who easily cultivates effective relationships with senior executives and staff both inside and outside the Finance organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with business leaders in global and regional functions
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to clearly communicate results with senior executives and external business partners
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Proven track record in structuring, managing and coordinating complex cross-functional projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.