HR Intern- Talent Management (Advanced Degrees)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As a Visa Intern you will have the chance to:
- Participate in Executive Speaker Series’ led by Senior Leadership
- Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Team
- Attend fun social events with fellow interns
Human Resources at Visa is a strategic partner to the business engaging with our leaders at various levels to achieve higher levels of business success. The Talent Management team within HR is at the center of developing and driving programs that, develop and engage our talent to produce the best work of their careers. To accomplish these objectives, we collaborate with other groups within HR (e.g., Compensation, Recruiting) and across the business (e.g., Communications, Technology). Additionally, the Talent Management team works closely with HR Business Partners aligned to different functions and regions to ensure programs and processes are implemented consistently and effectively across Visa.
Our core focus areas are:
- Leadership Development Strategy
- Growth & Career Development
- Employee Engagement, Attraction & Retention Programs
- Performance Management
- Rewards & Recognition
- Talent Management (Talent Reviews and Succession Planning)
We have an exciting opportunity for an advanced degree intern to partner with us on driving our talent agenda. You will work on a critical project in one of the areas above to help shape the future of talent at Visa. Project(s) will entail end to end responsibility for a given challenge and will potentially involve internal analysis, market best practices review and engagement with thought leaders on the subject.
So what are we looking for in an advanced degree Human Resources intern?
- 1st Year MBA or Master’s students
- Prior work experience in Human Resources, Marketing, Strategy, Client facing roles or Technology Development roles are preferred.
- Innovative mindset and interested in developing HR practices that drive business outcomes
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Self-starter who can work in ambiguous environments
- Results oriented with a strong sense of urgency
- Collaborative mindset
- Strong interest and passion for developing and implementing Human Capital strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytics skills a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.