Senior Director Program Management - Consumer Product Development (REF16591T) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Digital & Developer Product Development (DDP) develops, delivers, and manages end-to-end technology products to promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. The Consumer Product Development (CDP) organization within DDP is responsible for the focused on consumer-driven products and solutions enabling new payment experiences that enhance security, simplify digital commerce for consumers, and eliminate complex authentication and integration processes for merchants and issuers. The Installments team is building a network agnostic installment solution, while the Digital Issuance team is creating simplified APIs for non-banking Fintech partners.
The CDP Project Management Office (PMO) works hand-in-hand with Product and Technology leads to efficiently plan, execute, and deliver on its product roadmap, including driving greater alignment between the product roadmap and development using Agile practices. The PMO is the focal point to structure new programs and projects and to lead process improvement initiatives both within CDP and across the Visa Technology organization.
CDP is looking for a Senior Director, Program Management to lead the PMO organization. The right candidate will have demonstrated solid leadership in leading and managing teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. This candidate is expected to manage a group of Technical Program Managers of varying levels and partner with key Business and Technical Leaders to define, prioritize and drive project portfolios to successful and impactful delivery. The candicate will help evolve workflow processes and policies to fit the ever-changing needs and capabilities of our growing company. The team takes an active and hands-on role in helping people throughout the company meet their goals, focusing as much on the people involved as on the process.
Leading the PMO, you have proven experience managing and mentoring technical program management teams and are excited about the opportunity to build a high-performing team that is integral to the product planning and development process for a rapidly moving technology organization. You will bring to bear your passion for driving large, technical projects from end to end to lead the team. You have managed multiple high visibility projects simultaneously with engineers and engineering managers in a complex technical landscape. Demonstrated ability synthesizing data to business stakeholders. You enjoy bringing cross-functional teams together to accomplish project objectives. You thrive in a hands-on environment and seek ownership of large, critical projects. At a vertical level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring collaboration with cross-functional senior leadership to achieve strategic business objectives. At a team level, leading the effort to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools to scale a Program Management capability that will help transform the product planning and development process.
- Mentor, coach, lead by example and develop highly skilled talent for managing complex programs and strategic initiatives; supervise a team of 20+ Technical Program Managers
- Manage successful end to end delivery of technology programs through active leadership and engagement both at a strategic and detailed program level
- Track progress on cross-functional programs plans, assess actual performance against the program plan, make adjustments consistent with plan objectives, and ensure all stakeholders are informed of progress and issues.
- Establish the PMO organization as a center of excellence, defining the program management process, standards, deliverables and operational cadence.
- Define the approach to Continuous Improvement including tools for portfolio system, program KPIs, operating rhythms and review cycles.
- Oversight on key company operating rhythms, including in-take, prioritization & approvals of top cross company program priorities.
- Develop appropriate resource capacity planning, analysis and forecasting.
- Partner with senior leadership, business partners to ensure requirements, customer business goals and objectives are clear and align to concrete strategic and tactical plans.
- Design and manage program standards that can be widely adopted and delivered through training, including: best practices, work procedures, application, quality objectives, lessons learned, change management methods, and metrics for assessing progress
Bachelor degree in a technical field, such as Business Information Technology or Management in Information Systems or Computer Science or Computer Engineering (Preferred)
15+ Years of Program Management experience
- MBA or other related advanced degree (Preferred)
- 3+ years leading a team of program managers
- Demonstrated understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of software development programs, practices, and methods.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, presentation and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to present and explain complex information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and collaboration skills in a highly matrixed environment with the ability to effectively influence, motivate, manage & coach
- Experience preparing critical path analysis, schedules, budgets, and staffing to manage support of strategic programs.
- Ability to develop clear program strategies, supporting business case and various high-level program plans.
- Proven track record in contributing to and leading cross functional programs to successful outcomes that compel constituents to act.
- 15+ Years of Program Management experience
- 3+ years leading a team of program managers
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.