Staff Performance Engineer (REF17112N) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Within Visa’s Technology organization, the Digital & Developer Platform (VDDP) team is a global division of over 1100 team members responsible for developing and managing end-to-end technology solutions that promote the growth of digital commerce and mobilization of payments in emerging and developed markets. A globally distributed team, VDDP encompasses Product Development, Program Management, Portfolio & Business Management, Architecture, and Test Engineering, Client Integration, Release & Support Engineering functions.
· Accountable for creating application and infrastructure performance plans/models for a highly scalable, low-latency, highly-available and high-throughput payment processing system.
· Work with the architects and development team to ensure proper metrics instrumentation done in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
· Evaluate, develop and execute load test tools to stress the limits of Visa’s most critical payment applications.
· Understand and performance test the APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems.
· Should have experience in defining Performance Strategy and reporting performance baselines required to certify Go-Lives. Should have strong experience in handling multiple tasks and stakeholders
· Should be well versed in documenting the steps performed during course of performance tests cycle including performance test scripts used
· Should be able to provide mentor support emphasizing performance testing methodology, preparation, scripting, execution planning, simulation and test results reporting.
· Should be able to drive end to end performance test activities.
· Should have ability to work independently and be a team player.
· Actively contribute to capacity planning and disaster recovery exercises.
· Support in triaging and troubleshooting of issues related to performance degradation incidents in production environment
· Monitor application performance, optimize performance bottlenecks and usage to create an application capacity model.
· Help optimizing system components such as CPU/Memory/Disk/Network & OS/Application software for maximizing the computer resources utilization.
· BS or MS in computer science or equivalent.
· Minimum of 8-10 years' hands-on experience in Performance Engineering areas.
· Expert knowledge in hardware, software, and distributed applications environments and solid understanding of their associated capacity and performance indicators
· Expert knowledge and strong experience using tools, Loadrunner/Jmeter,. etc. and understanding of APM solutions like Appdynamics, dynatrace, OPNET,. etc
· Hands on experience in Unix/Linux OS environments and operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols.
· system internals. Having working knowledge with VMs and Containers.
· Knowledge in programming languages like Java/Python and scripting languages.
· Experience in ORACLE/MYSQL DB tuning and optimization
· Knowledge of distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus.
· Knowledge and understanding of MQ/Kafka system.
· Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
· Effective verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills.
· Deeply self-motivated with the ability to work independently, coordinating activities within cross-regional and multi-functional teams.
· Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.