Staff Network Automation Architect
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
The Technology organization within Visa, Inc. is responsible for all systems,
technology and processing platforms, networks, and the development required to
support the business demands of the company.
We have an immediate need for a Lead Network Automation Architect with at least 2+ years of hands-on software development experience with network automation of enterprise and/or service provider network infrastructure. The role will focus on developing components of a network automation framework that will form the foundation for Visa’s evolved global network backbone. The successful candidate will be part of a fast paced, agile development team focused on delivering network automation that follows a CI/CD framework to support Visa’s best-in-class network performance, availability, resource utilization, and leveraging state-of-the-art networking technologies.
This position reports to the Senior Director Network Architecture and is a key role within the Visa’s Global Infrastructure Network Services organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for a technology enthusiast to make key contributions to Visa’s strategic vision for the evolution and transformation of the company’s global networks toward next-generation technologies.
The successful candidate is a proven hands on developer with network domain experience. (S)/He will work collaboratively with other functional and technology areas within Visa and senior leaders in various regions to define and execute business priorities.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated hands-on Ansible and Python development skills
- Demonstrated understanding of automation frameworks, architecture, strategy and roadmap
- A strong background of hands on development in Proof-of-Concept projects, lab trials, and vendor/technology evaluation
- Interaction with vendor partners, customers, and program management in collaboration projects.
- Engage with high-performing network architects and technologists to work on clear priorities to achieve department goals.
- Collaborate with network engineering and security teams.
The ideal candidate is a network engineer with software development experience in Python/Ansible.
The candidate should be passionate about networking technology and automation. As VISA embarks on a fundamental evolution of how it manages complex networks of traditional physical networking devices from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper and Arista, this is an ideal opportunity for a creative and passionate technology enthusiast to make a sizable impact on how Visa’s network resources will evolve.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and work well with other talented networking professionals. If you are a strong Network Engineer/Architect/Software Developer who enjoys working for a technology focused company driving network evolution, then this is for you.
This is a great opportunity to provide thought leadership in network automation and to have a material impact on how Visa will achieve goals of improved availability, agility and automation as part of driving Visa's network evolution.
The following qualifications are required for the role:
- Experience in networking and/or software development for large-scale network deployments for high-volume, high-availability consumer-facing and B2B network interactions.
- Experience with Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Databases (Relational and NoSQL), and/or Chef, Puppet or Salt.
- Experience with designing and building sophisticated automation systems for large, complex networks of traditional physical networking devices from vendors such as Cisco, Juniper and Arista
- Working with a team of developers in an Agile methodology to develop robust, supportable software
- Designing, building and/or operating complex networks for data centers and/or WANs
- Experience in protocol and device testing and verification for production environments.
- Excellent communicator with experience documenting and presenting technology concepts across technology teams/areas.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.