Head of Corporate Communication
- Jakarta, Indonesia
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Director, Head of Corporate Communication Indonesia, is a full-time role focused on enhancing Visa’s reputation across this important market in Southeast Asia. The role will work closely with the Indonesia Country Manager to develop communication strategies that support business objectives and drive growth. The role will also be responsible for working with key cross-functional colleagues including Client Relationship Managers, Marketing, Merchant Sales and Solutions, Product and Government Relations, to ensure the Corporate Communication function supports the objectives of the wider business units.
The role will be based in Jakarta and reports to the Head of Corporate Communication Southeast Asia, and will manage in market agency to deliver effective communication programs across the markets.
The role is part of Visa’s Global Corporate Communication group, which oversees all corporate communications functions at Visa Inc., including media relations, industry analyst relations, public affairs and issues management. It develops and oversees communication programs that support Visa Inc.'s brand, marketing, product, and technology strategies and also supports executive and employee communication, and digital communication strategies.
- Work with the Head of Corporate Communication Southeast Asia to develop communication strategies that support Visa’s business objectives and drive growth across the market
- Develop communication programs that demonstrate the value of Visa to everyone, everywhere across Indonesia
- Develop key messages that communicate the attributes of trust, choice and growth of Visa as a business and an organization.
- Drive Visa’s Financial Literacy program across the market.
- Lead all aspects of Visa’s media relations programs across Indonesia including:
- Developing the strategy and managing the execution of all media engagement
- Identifying and maximizing opportunities to enhance Visa’s profile in the media
- Developing content to promote Visa’s brand, technical and industry leadership, new products and services
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with journalists across general, business, lifestyle and technology media
- Ensuring spokespeople are well briefed and trained to deliver key messages
- Ensuring Visa’s senior management are seen as trusted authorities by the local media
- Creating opportunities for the Indonesia Country Manager and other key management to obtain high, positive profile in broadcast and print media.
- Provide executive communication support to the Indonesia Country Manager across a variety of internal, external, client, and media communications opportunities
Integrated Marketing Communications
- Work closely with the Indonesia Marketing function to ensure corporate communication and marketing programs are aligned and a coordinated approach is being taken to leverage Visa’s assets across the markets
- Lead and manage in market agency support to successfully deliver communication programs across the market
- Lead the development and delivery of informative and engaging internal communications activities including employee communications programs and staff volunteering events
- Work with the Government Relations function to support Visa’s public policy position across Indonesia
- Work with the regional client communications lead to support the business to communicate with all relevant levels of management within client organizations
- Develop local activities to leverage global and regional sponsorships
- Reports to Head of Corporate Communication Southeast Asia
- Works closely with the Indonesia Country Manager and cross-functional colleagues.
- All Indonesia communication vendors, including the PR agencies, will report directly to the jobholder
- First degree with minimum 10 years’ Public Relations experience working in a relevant corporation or Public Relations consultancy
- Strong network of local and international media contacts
- Banking and/or technology experience
- Strategic communications planning
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills
- Financial budgeting
- Outstanding speaking and writing abilities in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Microsoft Office competency
- Expertise in social media and digital communication channels
- Financial budgeting