Director, Visa Consulting and Analytics - North America
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible and impactful results for Visa’s network clients, including financial institutions and merchants. Drawing on our capabilities across strategy, analytics, operations, marketing, and macroeconomics, Visa Consulting and Analytics solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The U.S. Consulting Practice within VCA provides a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions for Visa’s clients in the United States. We apply deep payments industry and functional expertise to assist clients with their unique challenges and key business priorities, including driving growth and profitability, optimizing customer experience, developing digital strategies and managing risk.
The VCA team is looking for an individual to join our strategy consulting practice and play a key role developing and delivering high impact engagements for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with various types of Visa clients, including issuers such as large multi-regional, regional and community financial institutions. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both the preferred brand and a valued, long-term business partner.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous strategy, consulting and /or payments experience.
Typical projects may include:
- How does a Financial Institution expand market share in consumer market?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a Financial Institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a Bank or Credit Union optimize their revenues?
- How can a Financial Institution drive increased spend in specific segments?
- Proactively engage with Visa leaders in regular strategic & planning discussions; cultivate and manage a pipeline of work with Financial Institutions.
- Contribute to selling consulting engagements by identifying potential opportunities with Visa’s client banks/financial institutions.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges.
- Build solutions and actionable insights that will help clients to grow their portfolios.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., sales and solutions, marketing, sales, risk, innovation, products) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources.
- Produce insights, analyses and recommendations to improve client performance, boost growth, drive understanding of client issues and provide strategic guidance for client priorities across the verticals and segments.
- Build new scalable solutions, toolkits, best practice documents and consulting approach that can be applied across VCA practice
- Develop client-specific presentations which address executive needs and deliver presentations to clients and internal Visa partners
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative ideas to our consulting practice:
- 12-15 years of experience and Bachelor’s degree; or
- 8-10 years of experience and Master’s degree; or
- 6+ years of experience and PhD
- Progressive experience across management consulting and/or payments industry
- Previous strategy consulting experience
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts
- Able to develop strategic relationships with external clients and internal clients across the Visa organization.
- Self-motivated, highly energized; detail-oriented individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership, problem diagnostics and high impact solutions to clients support the growth and performance.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- An interest in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology, digital, FinTech
- An MBA is strongly preferred
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.