Lead Cybersecurity Engineer (Mac OS X)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Cyber Security is an integral part of Visa’s corporate culture. It is important to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments. At Visa, we believe that it is the responsibility of each and every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorized access, and ensure regulatory compliance. Cyber Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, and it is a priority on everyone’s agenda.
In this critical role, you will take a lead role in the continued innovation of Visa’s Cyber Security strategy and drive Visa’s competitive advantage in payments by facilitating a best in class security infrastructure. In this position, you will play a key role in protecting and supporting current Macintosh operating systems in an enterprise environment ensuring, amongst other things, that the Macs are locked down and secure when operating on and off the enterprise network.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for Mac OS X Security: recommending and integrating security protocols, products and tools to enterprise systems.
- Responsible for creating technical documentation, working with peers to determine the long-term strategy for the solution, documentation of existing and new capabilities and should be comfortable working with and communicating with members of the Security Engineering Solutions team, vendors and internal business partners
- Strong knowledge in host based security solutions such as AntiVirus, HIPS, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), end point protection, encryption and application white listing Intermediate or above experience with Mac OS endpoint security.
- Partner with IT to improve the architecture, engineering and lifecycle management of the Enterprise Mac OS desktops via JAMF, Intune or similar tools.
- Advanced scripting using Swift, Python, Automation and DevOps skills.
- Extensive experience with Apple security models, for both OSX and iOS
- Understanding Mac POSIX permissions and experience with ACLs, Directory Services, MacOS X File system, and Network Analysis/Troubleshooting
- Intermediate or above experience, managing Group Policy Objects within enterprise level Microsoft Active Directory environment Solid understanding of Active Directory groups is required
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure the compliance and smooth operation of MacOS systems
- Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization
- Demonstrate technical mastery and be an inspirational leader and mentor who continuously develops the competencies of him/herself and others
- Ability to interact with the business, technology partners and product owners to define security requirements.
- Familiarity with security best practices for hardening Mac OS X
- Must have the verbal and written soft skills to support the software deployment, and troubleshooting timelines across many different departments in an enterprise environment.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in enterprise solutions
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Mac security solutions
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Mac administration in an Active Directory environment
- Minimum 8 years of experience in design and architecture review
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution
- Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
- This position does not require travel for work.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.