Staff Software Engineer, Real Time Payments (REF16059J) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Foster City, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Developer Platform team provides the standards, subject matter expertise, and technology framework that enable Visa to efficiently package its core and value-added products into consumable services and then deliver them reliably and securely to a global developer community.
As a Software Engineer you will be working on a Developer Portal, Java Microservices and an API Gateway from ground up which addresses AuthZ/AuthN, Protocol Translation, Mutual Auth ,SOAP & REST Support, Active/Active support, Throttling, Quota Limiting, oAuth, Orchestration, Policy Enforcement, and bring the gateway to a world class one with high Performance and Scalability.
· MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Solid CS fundamentals and good grasp of DS and Algorithms
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming language
· Must like and be comfortable with being hands on
· Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise application development
- Must have a good base in building scalable, reliable and highly performant systems
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus
- Be part of and mentor a small team of go getters in an agile model
- Participate and invest significant time in development of new capabilities
- Assist with architecture for new capabilities in the system
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Provide feedback to influence the team’s roadmap and strategy
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.