Data Warehouse Architect/Technical Program Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Looking for a high-energy data warehousing best-practitioner to join a high-performing Business Intelligence and Analytics team in the Sales Operations group at Cybersource. Will be heavily involved in all aspects of DW/BI from gathering business requirements to helping architect the data solutions that support it. We’re looking for a leadership personality type who works with a sense of urgency, is action-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
The ideal candidate is focused on project delivery, and is just as comfortable talking with Business users as they are with technical folks.
This is an Individual Contributor role working within a matrixed environment working with numerous stakeholder groups.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration in a diverse, cross-functional, and global team.
- Candidate needs to have full BI cycle experience: from requirements (e.g. including data capture and processing, etc) to process design, BI deployment, monitor performance to optimize, and back again.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- Build highly scalable, performant and reliable systems and infrastructure. Experience managing a data warehouse including partnering with other workgroups globally that may supply and/or use data.
- Sales and Marketing a plus, but the ability to work with any nontechnical business team is a must.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multitasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- In depth knowledge of data warehouse design. Big data experience (Hive/Impala or other HDFS based) required. Will be dealing with datasets in the billions of rows and Terabytes of data and needs to have experience taking large amounts of data and narrowing them down to more focused data sets. - Tableau experience is desired. Needs to know, or willing to learn, limitations of the tool and where DBs need to be leveraged vs Tableau.
- Needs to be able to take a problem and solve it with minimal direction. For example, "Duplications found in records? No problem! Develop dedupe logic, share with others, execute coding". Looking for someone that has the passion to look beyond the issue, determine possible implications and applications of the solution, and the grit to invite other workgroups as appropriate to execute the solution.
- Experience in authoring technical documents (BRD’s, Functional Specification documents, Project Plans, etc.).
- Salesforce.com experience preferred with ETL and data warehouse integration a huge plus. Experience with integrating SFDC data with additional data sources for use in Business Intelligence tool.
- Provide performance tuning and troubleshooting for existing ETL processes; Monitor production loads, conduct root cause analysis for all load failures, and quickly execute solutions to minimize down-time.
- Ideal candidate will have used statistical or logical analysis to identify system/account issues along with a process for using that data to impact change.
- Create logical and physical data models for new and existing projects
- Technical Skills: Hands-on experience with Shell Scripting; Java; Python; SQL/Hive; JIRA; Bitbucket to store code; designing, executing and supporting ETL data validation process; and Data Warehousing
- MIS, MBA in CIS/IT or equivalent is required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.