Director, Debit Product Strategy
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Director, Debit Product Strategy is responsible for supporting Visa’s Debit strategy in North America.
As the Director of Debit Product Strategy, this role will be responsible for project managing Visa’s Debit 3.0 initiative including executing on our product strategy, market expansion, and go-to-market activities across multiple key debit product initiatives for North America.
Visa’s Debit products annually drive a large amount of payment volume and generate significant net revenue for Visa. Our issuing partners utilize these products to serve the needs of hundreds of millions cardholders, ensuring that consumers can access their funds at millions of face-to-face and online merchants that accept Visa.
As the Director of Debit Product Strategy, this role will work very closely with the Head of U.S. Debit to drive Visa’s Debit 3.0 Strategy. This will include extensive engagements with senior members of the North America Management team. In addition, this high performer will support a cross-functional team that is responsible for engaging with various stakeholders across the payments industry, including interactions with merchants, issuers, regulators, and other players in the market.
This is a critical position in the Debit organization reporting directly to the Head of North America Debit and Prepaid.
- Define authorization improvement strategy and execution for US Debit 3.0, including expanding placement of Visa’s PIN network, Interlink
- Support a large cross-functional team that is focused on Visa’s US Debit Strategy 3.0
- Identify and prioritize market expansion priorities and drive new acceptance of Visa’s Debit products
- Drive and incorporate new feature functionality to expand usage of Debit products.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert/ Product engage with issuing clients and across the Visa organization in North America
- Support Visa’s merchant engagement efforts around debit and acceptance solutions products.
- Serve as the business Subject Matter Expert for Visa’s client engagement on authorization improvement
- Drive product development to increase the ways in which Visa’s debit products are presented, consumed and interacted-with digitally
- Build new capabilities to differentiate Visa’s Debit offering
- Drive new growth initiatives for North America
- Support implementing new acceptance vertical strategies and solutions
- Form senior level relationships across and outside the Visa organization
- Have a deep understanding of the needs of cardholders, issuing banks and merchants, including the economic drivers that motivate marketplace participants
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in a product or strategy role
- Experience within financial services
- Experience working in a large cross-functional product team
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Proven track record of successfully implementing product roadmaps
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) fluency
- Proven leadership capabilities including strong thought leadership, effective decision making, strategy development and ability to drive results
- Proactive and effective communicator, experienced in presenting information to all levels and with ability to facilitate large group discussions
- Superior strategic thinking ability to assess complex business environments and translate into
actionable business plans and executions
- Strong collaboration and ability to manage cross functionally
- Ability to influence at senior levels
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.