Manager - Alternate Lending Product Management
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
North America Product is focused on building additional flexibility into our existing platform architecture to more quickly launch new, innovative offerings that create tremendous value for payments aggregators (e.g. Financial Institutions, Merchants, Processors, and Emerging Payments Providers) and delight end consumer users. We are looking for individuals with a product strategy and/or development background to help us aggressively expand Visa’s product portfolio by identifying and scoping new offerings to deliver truly differentiated user experiences for specific marketplaces. This individual will work with experts throughout the company as well as external SMEs to identify and prioritize products to develop, help execute the launch and/or help drive new product commercialization to target levels of adoption and utilization. Openness and experience working across disciplines is important. This role will be a key contributor to the U.S. Product Development Organization and will work with many other organizations, including financial institution sales, merchant sales, client consulting, operations, technology, risk, analytics, marketing and corporate communications. This position may require occasional travel to client sites and Visa locations around the globe.
- Drive development of Alternative Lending platform
- Identify and develop industry partnerships by understanding and identifying complementary technologies, and opportunities for collaboration
- Engage directly with key stakeholders on product roadmap, release status and overall platform development
- Translate product requirements into technical specifications and work with Engineering to determine feasibility, minimum viable product, development cost, and rollout schedules
- Manage and drive priorities of new product development
- 10% expected travel
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Lead execution, model building and analysis on projects driving strategic decision making, including- Investment justification and prioritization
- Pricing and economic value distribution
- Sponsorship and partnership deals
- Card benefit performance
- Visa client or partner revenue, cost and profitability assessment
- Communicate and generate support for recommendations among business leaders across the organization
- Engage broadly across product teams and functions such as Finance, Pricing/Interchange and Marketing to understand drivers of performance and collaborate on business optimization
- Support urgent client / executive requests, including analysis, strategic framing and options evaluation, etc.
- Identify, structure, and manage complex issues to quickly arrive at recommendations that drive product priorities and demonstrate results to leadership
- Manage implementation of business growth initiatives, including performance tracking, strategic resource allocation and investment governance
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to develop rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior product management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization
- Degree from top-tier institution in an analytical discipline or similar academic / professional experience
- 4-8 years’ total experience in Product Strategy, Management Consulting, Banking or Finance roles
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines is also required
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Experience partnering with technologists using Agile or other expedited design and development methodologies a plus, but not required
- Superior problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Creative thinker, solutions and results-oriented, customer focused, and excellent analytical discipline
- Strong modeling and analysis skills, including mastery of relevant tools like Excel, Tableau, etc.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills demonstrated through past experience developing and growing internal, external and cross functional relationships
- Ability to complete the analysis, craft the message and materials, then deliver well thought-out recommendations to Product Leadership
- Strong attention to detail and process management
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with strong presentation skills, including oral and written capabilities
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.