Snr/Product Manager - Visa Direct Platform Product
- foster city, ca, United States
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is an exciting, new payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate funds transfers and disbursements to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) money transfer, person to merchant (P2M), person to micro-business (P2MB) transfer (e.g. payment for goods and services sold by very small businesses), marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims), and more. In order to offer ubiquitous coverage to key global markets, Visa Direct will evolve to support payments through local Real-time rails, ACH schemes and other mobile options.
The Product Manager with Platform Product team will be responsible for helping define and communicate product strategy and deliver roadmap features around Merchant (P2M) and micro-Business (P2MB) payments product capabilities. The role also includes being a liaison for one of the Regions on behalf of the overall Platform Product team.
The Visa Direct Platform Product team is looking for product leaders who have demonstrated success in evaluating challenges and identifying clear and timely paths to resolution. The Visa Direct Platform team will work with clients and internal stakeholders to build a scalable Visa Direct payment services product. Candidates will have demonstrated the ability to work in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines. This role will require a balance of execution and prioritization of roadmap/ backlog. The role will collaborate with Core Platform, DDP & Network Processing Technology team, Strategic Partner Solutions, Regional Commercialization teams and senior leadership to coordinate activities that drive delivery of the key product features.
- A strong desire to produce and deliver excellent software that solves business problems
- Maintain relevant APIs & features/functionality per stakeholder feedback
- Collaborate with market development and commercialization team on new and enhanced Visa Direct payment use cases
- Maintain a product backlog and prioritize features based on stakeholder feedback
- Understand User Experience and its importance to product features
- At a tactical level, responsibilities include:
- Interact with market development around partner/developer integrations, with a goal to abstract different integration patterns
- Own, develop and maintain a product backlog for features for P2M and P2MB product suite
- Prioritizes the iteration and defect backlog grooming and management, most often working with other delivery teams
- Manages the sprint iteration and cross project tasks and dependencies
- Maintain documentation up to date including influencing marketing collateral for Regional commercialization teams
- Role involves development of mobile based push payments using QR codes (Scan & Pay), and is focused primarily on developing markets with low POS penetration
**Can be based in San Francisco or Foster City **
- 5+ years of experience in technology or payment services product management, solution development and/or development or process consulting environment.
- Bachelor's degree
- Basic understanding of payments workflows in card industry, including post processing events like Chargebacks, Disputes and Resolutions
- Basic understanding and experience in Agile/MVP based approaches, besides water fall method
- Self-motivated, results driven, with the ability to quickly establish clear, well thought out action plans and drive deliverables to completion under tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on clients
- Ability to work independently or as part of a cross functional team.
- Confidence to drive decision making and act on the results
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation for both business and technical audiences
- Active listening skills
- Comfortable working with and understanding new technology
- Exceptional personal accountability and the highest of ethical standards
- Bias toward execution – integration experience is important to continued success in this role
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.