Director, Software Engineering - Data Product Development
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Marketing platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Software Development Director, you will build and mentor a world-class team of Development and Test Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will lead a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers and SMEs across the company on high impact marketing technology initiatives.
- Develop and nurture team of developers by motivating and mentoring, and assist in hiring critical talent.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex products with significant bottom line impact
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with architects and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management: prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
- Operational Excellence: monitoring & operation of production services
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards.
- Hire and retain world class talents to deliver data platform projects.
- Be responsible for and the custodian of the long-term technical strategy for Marketing Key Product Portfolio
- Strong Negotiation Skills: You will be a distinguished ambassador for product development; collaborating, negotiating, managing tradeoffs and evaluating opportunistic new ideas with business partners
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- Requires 12+ years of experience, at least 3 years of which were in leading engineering teams
- Extensive technical experience with developing application on full stack of HTTP, JSON, Rest, databases, Java or .Net frameworks. Big data experience is a plus.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software.
- Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent developers in fast paced work environment
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of end to end software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.