Senior Manager, Brand and Product Marketing - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Manager, Brand and Product Marketing, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
This is an exciting and diverse role within the growing UK marketing team. You will implement data-driven, original and high-quality consumer marketing campaigns promoting Visa products and brand whilst applying a rigorous measurement approach.
Reporting to the Head of Brand & Product Marketing, the role will interact internally within all areas of the UKI business plus other functions such as Strategy & Insight, Corporate Communications, HR, Legal, Senior Leadership and work closely with the EU hub marketing team, also based in London. Critically the role will ensure external creative and media agencies deliver excellent work to support marketing objectives, on time and on budget.
This role will focus on two key areas critical to the UKI business:
- Brand marketing to drive brand health metrics
- Product marketing to support the business objectives of cash displacement and driving share in the f2f and online environment
The individual must have significant and broad marketing expertise and passion to lead multi-channel media campaigns and creative development, challenging our agencies to do impactful and effective work. An inquisitive mind and determination are required to drive Visa’s marketing to the next level of digital and data led capability. A proven track record of stakeholder and agency management and the ability to influence at a senior level is required, as well as the ability to lead others to deliver often against challenging timelines. Tight timelines often require the ability to act decisively and quickly assess pros and cons before making decisions with significant financial impact.
What we expect of you, day to day
- Support the development of the Brand and Product Marketing strategy for UK
- Manage the development, implementation and measurement of multi-channel campaigns that maximise opportunities to leverage social, digital and PR
- Ensure agencies are thoroughly integrated to deliver the optimum results
- Develop strong relationships with internal key stakeholders within Marketing, Product, Comms, Client facing teams, Merchant Services & Acquirers, Legal teams etc, engage and where relevant manage cross functional teams within a matrixed organisation
- Leverage campaign opportunities to drive staff engagement
- Create opportunities for Clients to support and leverage Visa funded campaigns
- Collaborate with product teams to ensure that new propositions translate into compelling marketing
- Manage integrated agency resource to deliver award winning campaigns to meet scorecard objectives
- Support Visa’s desire to be a world class data driven marketing brand through looking for opportunities of advancement
- Ensure activities have robust measurement frameworks to inform future decision making
- Manage multi stream complex budgets
- Budget responsibility - varied at campaign level $1-10m
What we’re after…
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the UK market and media landscape
- Proven experience in marketing used to delivering multi-channel campaigns to measurable business results
- Complex project management expertise, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one-time
- Ability to lead team members in a volatile environment
- Ability to provide clarity and strategic direction for key stakeholders
- Ability to manage budgets
- Proven senior stakeholder and matrix management experience
- Ability to manage multiple programs and clients simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across functional areas to influence and achieve consensus on goals and objectives
- Strong planning, organisational and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills with a proven track record of leading agencies
- Proven ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams toward common goals
- Self-starter; decisive and collaborative
- Excellent consulting, writing, presentation and communication skills
- Adept at using data from multiple sources to build investment/business cases to prove how marketing strategies drive the business
- Good cultural understanding and sensitivity
- A digital native who navigates the digital landscape with flair
- Think boldly and explore transformational ideas
- Remain objective and calm despite criticism and set-backs
- Team oriented ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Confident leadership qualities, able to be decisive and drive forward in complex situations
- Flexible and resilient
- A “can do” positive attitude, combining a solutions oriented mind set with a highly collaborative approach
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.