Senior Software Engineer (Cybersecurity B2B Identity and Access Management)
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Software Engineer will work as part of the Cybersecurity B2B Identity and Access Management development team.
- Responsible for the application development deliverables that include design, coding, unit and functional testing
- Work with technical product managers and business users to define and clarify requirements/stories/features; create solution approach based on business requirement. Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions
- Agile application development utilizing various open source tools for continuous integration and delivery
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and application functionalities
- Interface closely with project/product team members such as Analysts, Developers, Technical Product Managers, QA Engineers, Product Owners, Network & Security Engineers, Operations Personnel, System Engineers, etc.
- Coordinate, participate and manage development activities, including but not limited to system design, development integration testing, database modelling, software configuration, source codes control, defects resolution, implementation planning, and deployment change management support
- Ensure development work adheres to Visa Development Management Methodology (DMM), Visa’s Technical Security Requirements (TSR) and Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Work with various project team members to ensure technology are business driven and meet business requirement
- Create software and procedure documentation required as part of the software development artifacts
- Provide level 3 development support for production issues and service requests
- Build and maintain working relationship with many global development teams and engineers
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience in software design and application development of a large scale system
- Experience with software development utilizing Java, J2EE, Hibernate and Spring. Knowledge in data modeling and SQL programming is required
- Working experience with following OS, middleware and database systems - JBoss Web Server, Apache Tomcat, Redhat Linux, Oracle DB, MS SQL Server, LDAP, MS Windows
- Experience with following open source development tools: Eclipse, Maven, Jira, Jenkins, ArtifactoryPro, Git/Bitbucket, JUnit, Jacoco, Selenium, Checkmarx
- Some working experience with web services standards and related technologies. E.g. WSDL, XSD, XML, XSLT, CXF, REST and SOAP
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex software development, design and production issues
- Ability to understand application system topology at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization and be effective in achieving task assigned
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive experience with modern web frameworks, libraries and tools (React, Angular, Bootstrap, Webpack)
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- Skills in creating testable components, writing unit tests and knowledge of front-end testing frameworks
- Experience in designing and engineering rich user interfaces
- Experience with full stack development desirable
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to work onsite at the Foster City, CA location
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel for work
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.