Business Development and Strategic Partnership Lead - Level 6
- Paris, France
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as Business Development and Strategic Partnership Lead – Paris, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The business development and strategic partnership lead will support Visa digital and innovation agenda, working closely with Visa internal and external stakeholders. The role involves a close engagement with Visa strategic partners, Visa clients, Visa local teams and Visa Head Quarter to implement our innovation strategy across France.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will identify, assess and support local partnerships opportunities contributing to Innovation & Partnership Strategy. It includes the identification of business models, innovation opportunities, strategic alignment and go to market plans
- You will lead business development activities for named France based strategic partners
- Everyone is a leader at Visa, and you will be building on team’s analytical skills and business knowledge, sharing your subject matter expertise and acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate
- You will support global partners' (Google, Apple …) in local markets, capitalizing on central assets and capabilities. It includes commercialization, issuer engagement support and HQ reporting / alignment
- You will act as Visa innovation source of truth for the French cluster – support in-market resources (especially AEs) innovation engagement with Visa clients, endeavouring to break down silos and work together as “One Visa”
- You will support and develop Visa ‘innovation story’ in France
What we’re after…
- A passion for Fintech, and in particular payments
- Significant experience in the payments industry in a proposition creation/delivery function
- Intimate knowledge of mobile and e commerce sectors
- A strong business technical acumen and understanding of how Visa solutions works across devices and payment systems (4 party model roles and responsibilities, tokenisation, pwfm …)
- A high level of commercial focus and the ability to understand the business requirements of banks, merchants, MNOs or digital players
- Can demonstrate experience of building high level product requirements and managing a product development life cycle
- Track record in contract negotiations
- Excellent influencing and communication skills to manage senior level internal and external stakeholders and to secure buy-in
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and focus on key deliverables, executing small work packages in a fast and entrepreneurial way
- Experience of working with multiple European markets and multinational teams
- Exceptional team player and proven ability to work cross-functionally as the success of this role will be dependent on working closely with other teams across the company
- The ability to work independently with low levels of direct supervision, with the ability to lead virtual teams
- Positive and self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and a real passion for making things happen
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.