Product Manager - Open Banking - Level 4
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Product Manager – Open Banking, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
As a Product Manager at Visa, you will you drive the latest and most innovative ideas through the product development lifecycle. You will operate as the product owner to deliver next generation product offerings to our customers. You will play a key role in ideating and co-creating new features and products that uniquely meet the needs of Visa’s customers.
You will be actively involved with the product through all stages of the product lifecycle. This will include strategic planning, function and feature selection as well as overseeing tactical activities. You must be a self-starter, ready to learn and experiment with new technologies, and be able to work independently and as a team player. Product management will be a focal point in our strategy to delivery world-class products to market.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Own the development of the product strategy, go-to-market plans and all elements related to product documents (concept document, business case and product backlog).
- Transform business ideas into detailed requirements that enable technology teams to deliver new products or product enhancements based on business needs.
- Drive the development and management the product roadmap and backlog to define and support the product goals.
- Clearly understand and articulate the value of Visa’s products and drive the development of product, features and functionality.
- Translate market and customer insights to drive product strategy and decisions.
- Initiate and drive collaboration with designers to create preliminary design concepts and work with engineering to implement and iterate.
- Collaborate with internal Visa teams (e.g., regional teams, Product Marketing, Business Development) to define and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific product or feature.
What we’re after…
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong product management experience gained at a technology company or comparable experience.
- Ability to build cross-functional consensus among internal and external stakeholders to drive business results.
- MBA, advanced technical degree or equivalent.
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user requirements across diverse functional areas into a compelling product vision.
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational, analytical and influencing skills.
- Ability to take initiative and build strong and productive relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strategic Product Vision:
- Able to drive product vision including product development road map that takes into consideration Visa’s business model as well as the broader competitive environment to ensure product is competitively differentiated from other products in market.
- Proficient in developing a global product pricing strategy for newly launched and mature products.
- Strong understanding of product financials (e.g., ROI, P&L, opportunity costs, etc.) to ensure product delivers expected revenue targets.
- Able to methodically break down problems into smaller components to enable a deeper understanding of root causes of key issues.
- Able to compare and contrast different aspects of a problem and considers implications of each before making a decision.
- Evaluates points for improvement and can creatively solve complex and ambiguous problems to reach new and unconventional modes of resolution.
- Collaborates with other teams to evaluate client’s needs and identifies ways to address key challenges.
- Identifies potential issues that end users might experience and develops comprehensive plans to address any associated risks.
- As a result of a deep understanding of customer and market needs, develops products that are in high demand
- Effective team player, able to work well with colleagues across the organisation and recognises the importance of cross-functional communication.
- Understands how teams work together to develop and deploy products and ensures teams get the necessary information to perform well in their roles.
- Leads efforts to obtain necessary buy-in from internal and external stakeholders to ensure above average results are achieved when working in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of how products are technically developed.
- Leverages resources and tools (technical and other) to facilitate knowledge sharing across teams.
- Good understanding of data and how data impacts product’s value and functionality.
- Able to use technology to solve problems.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.