Manager - Digital Security
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Digital Solutions Product group is on the forefront of Visa's innovation and looking for talented individuals with vision, passion and determination to make our clients business and consumer products more engaging, seamlessly available, easy to use and secure.
The Digital Solutions Delivery team at Visa manages the certification of third-party partners as well as the digital product aspects of Visa Ready program. We are looking for a Manager to support the evolution of its secure digital payments. The focus will be on the security of digital payment solutions and will support Visa Ready partner programs and Visa regions with solution approvals, and interact with colleagues in Global Information Security, Product and Risk to establish requirements.
The Digital Solutions Delivery team is looking for a person who can learn quickly, and work in a team to provide evaluation program implementation and execution support. You will be involved in requirement development, and the assessment of new consumer payment solutions. This includes contributing to architectural security design review and process of the new digital payment solutions. You will provide actionable input and recommendations to the team as to whether these solutions meet Visa requirements. This will include risk considerations such as the tradeoff between logical and physical security requirements, as well as local versus remote consumer solution “health” status monitoring. As a team member you will contribute to maintaining security knowledge of standards, industry best practices, and emerging trends and technologies as they apply to the Visa Ready program. Based on the dynamic nature of digital payments, this includes providing enhancement recommendations to ensure that the Visa Ready documentation is current.
- 5 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- The ideal candidate should hold at minimum a Master in Computer Science or Computer Engineering at least 3-5 years industry exposure. CISSP and CISA certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of modern device, protocol and network security and encryption techniques and standards.
- Familiar with relevant security techniques such as trusted execution platforms, root-of-trust, white-box cryptography and program obfuscation.
- Good understanding of control objectives, security evaluation goals, security assets, assurance levels, security requirements and test purpose.
- Experience with evaluating secure digital payments solutions, especially in the context of gathering and formulating security requirements, and interpreting security reports.
- Familiar with PCI-DSS as well as logical and physical security requirements and standards.
- Good understanding of the security architecture of consumer devices.
- Familiar with authentication techniques and biometric technology.
- Willingness to learn continuously new relevant techniques in consumer device and digital payment security.
- Articulate communicator, demonstrating mastery of both spoken and written English, with the ability to tailor deliverables appropriately
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to quickly comprehend problems, develop hypotheses, draw logical conclusions, develop solutions, and respond accordingly
- Proven history of being a self-starter: proactively identifying problems, determining pragmatic solutions, identifying and obtaining needed resources, and executing with limited supervision
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.