- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature and requires a broad working knowledge of departmental and company policies and practices.
- Actively managing the executives calendar. In addition to basic scheduling functions, also anticipating and prioritizing the executives scheduling needs based on deadlines and deliverables. This will require coordination with leaders and other key stakeholders both internally and externally to Client Support Services
- Proactively managing and coordinating recurring and ongoing activities that involve the leaders of the organization, including all-hands meetings, department head meetings, organization chart, PTO calendar, and other activities that require participation across the department head leadership team
- Be highly proactive and take ownership to anticipate needs and adept at managing-up and downstream to ensure deliverables are met timely and accurately
- Proofreading and formatting business documents or broad communications for overall professional writing style and proper grammar
- Converting concepts and ideas from discussions into presentation materials that can be used to analyze information or make business decisions
- Effective in-person, phone & email presence
- Act as first contact for executive and play the role of liaison, problem solver, and facilitator – to prioritize executive’s time and activities
- Ability to prepare and effectively manage interactions with executive
- Ability to decline quickly, simply and professionally
- Understand organization and how to “get things done”
- Effectively and successfully respond to problem situations
- Ability to organize and prioritize across competing priorities
- Prepare “week ahead,” and “day ahead” briefings
- Successfully track open issues and follow-up on items that require closure
- Ability to manage high volume email and synthesize actions needed
- Ability to act quickly, seamlessly and professionally
- Coordinate complex domestic and international travel requirements (itineraries, visas, logistics, etc.)
- Electronic filing, expense reporting & record keeping
- Coordination of high level meetings and events involving multiple external participants
- Demonstrate comfort with purchase card, occasional Purchase Order & Invoice support
- Maintain Business Continuity Management contact information. Prepare meeting materials
including assisting with the creating of the presentation, handouts and other
related materials as well as printing, binding and collating of materials.
- Perform administrative support duties, including but not limited to drafting and typing correspondence, making copies, preparing binders, answering and screening managers´ phone calls and directing inquiries to the proper party within the team, and maintaining and ordering office supplies
Support provided to team members
- Coordinate/Organize visitor meetings – IDs, rooms, refreshments, meet and greet, provide logistics/guidance to getting to building etc.
- Work with other administrators in a cooperative way while representing our team – in a manner that is consistent with the Visa Leadership Principles
- Management and procurement of supplies
- Provide support to interns/contractors/consultants as needed
- Be available when members of the team are traveling to take messages and communicate requests
- Coordinate conference/meeting room set-up, order catering, and make logistical arrangements
Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of administrative experience supporting a senior leader preferably in a global, public company.
- Strong command of English language and grammar
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels.
- Flexibility and a professional/approachable appearance and helpful demeanor
- A positive, upbeat personality and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Highest moral and ethical character
- Discretion combined with poise and professionalism in all communications
- Experience working with highly confidential information and ability to exercise exceptional judgement regarding information that may be confidential or material, non-public
- Highly advanced MS Office skills and technologically savvy (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Strong presentation and slide development skills (PPT)
- Ability and openness to actively use different internal systems (e.g. Ariba, Concur, iProcurement, etc) and technology – to complete tasks
- Ability to “see the big picture”
- An understanding of how to leverage a busy executive's time and willingness to do what it takes to contribute to their success and the success of the company
- The ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Demonstrated strength in multi-tasking and prioritizing work with a strong attention to
- Customer service-focused with ability to work collaboratively with others including
interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Must be proactive and solution oriented, looking for ways to add value and assist the team.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.