Sr. Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Work with team members on technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution.
- Work with team members on technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing, implementation and documentation of solutions for new development, system enhancements, and production support.
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or a related Field.
- Minimum 3+ years of software development experience.
- Strong knowledge in Java EE, Spring and Hibernate, Cache, and other relevant distributed technologies
- Experience with developing Rest Web Services
- Solid knowledge of Oracle and SQL
- Proficient in JUnit, TestNG, and other languages or tools
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Experience in a global matrix organization
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.