Senior Software Engineer (REF17257I) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digital and Developer Platform (DDP) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer focused on building a unified business to consumer authentication and authorization platform for Visa's digital products. The candidate must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively with architects, engineers and product owners cross functional teams. Solid computer science foundation and Java programming experience is required. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical skills, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything. You will join a high-performing and highly collaborative team with talented engineers, who will support and challenge you daily. This position is based in Austin, TX, and will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture, technology and projects, and see if this will be a good fit.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOD, design patterns
- Mastery in Java programming language
- Strong dedication to test automation and clean coding styles.
- Solid understanding and experience of Spring framework, Maven, and database technologies..
- Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges. Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication skills
- Ability to convey technical concepts related to network, application, security and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.