Director of Creative Technology
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa’s innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world’s major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, and transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
- Responsible for the quality and robustness of technical deliverables on each project.
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and identify ways to utilize them
- Demonstrate the value of prototyping as an integral and regular step in the design process of conceptualizing, refining, and finalizing an inventive solution, service or product.
- Be a hands-on technology resource, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms.
- Be comfortable with driving innovation from a technical point of view, pushing the boundaries of complex services and solutions that are simple, relevant, and human centered.
- Be an active member of the design team, contributing to every phase of the project with prototyping, technical innovation, validation, and turning prototypes into reality.
- Have an inquisitive interest in the latest development techniques and libraries. Experience of constructing and developing on a technology stack that meets the needs of rapid prototyping, whilst also serving as the foundation for future development.
- Act as a thought leader internally and externally and facilitate innovation workshops with clients and partners
- Take ideas and concepts, and translate them into world class experiences that meet the needs of internal leaders, partners and most of all the customers
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of solving a problem
- Contribute and support strategic goals of organization
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Experience of rapid prototyping, Agile development methodologies.
· Experience with web front-end development and responsive design.
· 10+ years of experience with native app development for either native or web technologies.
· Experience with API integration, JSON feed, error/exception handling.
· Good understanding of short distance communication protocol, such as Bluetooth, NFC, etc.
· Proactive, enthusiastic and passionate about emerging technologies.
· A working and demonstrable understanding of mobile and wearable technologies and web-based APIs.
· Deep understanding of platform and device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density and aspect ratios
· Interest in or experience with hardware integration, signal processing.
General Work, Physical and Travel Guidelines
· Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
· This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5-10% of the time
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.”
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.