Finance Business Partner - Level 5
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Finance Business Partner, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What we expect of you, day to day.
Finance Business Partnering
- Oversees revenue, expense and balance sheet accounting and reporting for HSBC, ensuring appropriate processes and controls are in place, and that the financial position is correctly understood, interpreted and communicated to the HSBC team
- To lead on financial control and financial governance activities for HSBC
- Embed P&L thinking into decision-making and drive the implementation, understanding and management of P&L throughout the cluster
- Maximise value achieved by driving commercial thinking across the HSBC Global Account and influence the outcomes by providing challenge and support to the leadership team, ensuring decisions are commercially sound and in the best interests of VISA
- Provide effective Decision Support on key investment proposals and opportunities for strategic initiatives by executing complex analysis, business case modelling and forecasting
- Represent the account in any discussions relating to Finance as required, liaising with the Central Finance team to ensure all finance policies and initiatives are communicated, understood and implemented consistently across the business
- Develop effective working relationships with key HSBC stakeholders within Europe and other regions
- Provide advice, interpretation and guidance on finance policies, practices and processes to the cluster
- Supports local Incentive specialist to provide data, commercial insight and context for incentive agreements, clarifies and challenges client assumptions
- Play an active role in the regular client incentive payments to HSBC
Analysis and Management Information (MI)
- Provide regular tracking and reporting of the annual $28m HSBC Global Development Fund (GDF)
- Provide timely, accurate and customised MI for the HSBC Global Head (VP) and support teams on client performance, including recommendations for action where applicable
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of HSBC’s business drivers and develop a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall UK&I business strategy
- Develop and maintain deal performance tracking and reporting of HSBC client incentives
- Provide client and other analytics as required
Process design and Improvement
- Implement appropriate process and governance for managing the HSBC Global Development Fund
- Ensure the recommended process and governance address any tax implications whilst reducing potential liability to the company
What we’re after…
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with post qualified experience
- Significant Business Partnering experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Ability to build and cultivate effective relationships with senior executives and stakeholders at a regional and global level
- Demonstrated strong commercial focus with a proven record of analysing business performance, identifying trends and issues and Challenges the norm by recommending appropriate actions.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, and the ability to interpret trends, identify issues and recommend actions
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a "peer" with business leaders in other clusters and functions
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Proven self-starter
- Experience of Hyperion, Oracle Applications, COGNOS and an advance user of Microsoft Office programmes.
- MBA or Post graduate degree
- Broad understanding of the payment landscape and visa products and solutions.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.