Finance MBA Intern - Sourcing & FP&A
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
The Visa Internship Program is the biggest step you can take to joining our Revolution of Payments Innovation. Throughout the 12 weeks at Visa, you will take on meaningful work, get executive exposure, engage in out-of-the-box problem solving, and participate in social and community service activities. From technology to business, we are looking for people who can innovate, collaborate and drive Visa into the next era of an already rapidly-evolving digital market place. If you’re up for the challenge, please consider joining our team.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As a Visa Intern you will have the chance to:
- Participate in Executive Speaker Series’ led by Senior Leadership
- Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Team
- Attend fun social events with fellow interns
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional. The payoff is that the Summer Intern will have direct access and exposure to senior management and will participate in the analysis, execution, and presentation of key project or financial results and recommendations for Visa Leadership.
As a Finance Intern you will have the chance to:
Participate in Executive Speaker Series’ led by Senior Leadership
Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Finance Team
Attend fun social events with fellow interns
Support Visa through the value driven procurement of services, while minimizing risk and maximizing supplier performance
Financial Planning & Analytics
Partner with the business to develop budgets, forecasts and investment strategies in support of strategic imperatives and Visa’s business goals and objectives.
- Provide insight into business drivers and performance
- Storyboard and execute analytical outlook and communication materials for leadership; Identify and communicate main implications from analysis
- Prepare financial review packages including variance, scenario, and sensitivity analysis
- Lead project, execute and develop a set of recommendations for a key business “pain point”
- Meet and engage business stakeholders to refine project scope and approach
- Identify focus areas, perform analysis and execute project
- Develop overall project presentation, recommendations & next steps
- Collaborate and build partnerships across Finance and Business unit teams
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to look at business drivers, options for decision making and to make recommendations
- Jointly develop in-depth business cases for investments
- Understand stakeholder needs to identify opportunities to introduce new tools and improve analysis used for decision making
*Projects and team assignments will be based upon candidate’s technical abilities and interest. Location will be determined based upon the team’s need.
- Minimum of B.S. or B.A. in technical field (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, etc.) with 3-5 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- In progress of obtaining a MBA from leading business school Experience in Fortune 1000 technology, financial services or manufacturing firm preferred
- Highly articulate and influential written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply relevant financial theory and analysis for valuing alternatives
- Strong business acumen for linking operational and results
- Collaboration and leadership skills for the development, coordination, implementation and satisfactory completion of a deliverable
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Comfortable with rapidly changing environment and reprioritization of tasks
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required as cross-functional projects occur on a regular basis
- Prepare and consolidate monthly and quarterly variance analysis based on GL account fluctuations
- Serve as a liaison with internal and external auditors
- Continue to improve and strengthen relationships with external/internal customers
- Provide ad-hoc analytical support to numerous internal and external parties
- Gather and report performance metrics for the month
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.