Senior Financial Analyst, Controllership
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Financial Analyst SFA role is responsible for ensuring that business processes initiated across the assigned territories are operated in an effective and compliant manner, and are in adherence to established policies and procedures. The role works collaboratively with the controls functions (especially Controllership, Compliance and Legal) and with various business functions to implement and maintain a robust controls framework, provide training on corporate policies and procedures, and will liaise with stakeholders on remediation actions required.
This role reports to the Country Controller to maintain activities and processes that allow the Business to run effectively and efficiently by focusing on:
- Supporting the business with their respective business opportunities in providing commercial advice and of relevant policies and procedures.
- Implementing a continuously improving controls and process framework that complies with Visa policy and procedures.
- Develop remediation plans to address identified issues impacting the controls and processes environment.
As Senior Financial Analyst, you will provide oversight of the accounting and financial controlling for a portfolio of countries in the Asia Pacific region, ensuring timely and accurate capture of financial information/output necessary for effective management decisions, and in compliance with US GAAP, local statutory laws and accounting standards, corporate policies/procedures and key controls. You will also assist the line manager in providing leadership and strategic directions to the team to drive changes for efficiencies but not compromising on controls.
- Provide consultative support to assist the Australia, NZ, & South Pacific Businesses in supporting business opportunities to achieve a positive outcome for the customer and ensuring compliance to policies and procedures.
- Represent the voice of the business teams to ensure the needs of the business are represented in developing and delivering effective controls, processes and procedures.
- Partner with controls BUs including Controllership, Legal, Compliance, Finance, and Sourcing to implement and maintain business procedures with robust controls in place that are adhered to.
- Accountable to the Controllership organization to ensure consistency in AP wide approach to delivering guidelines to executing business in accordance to policies and procedures, and reviewing proposed policy exceptions.
- Support the Australia, NZ, & South Pacific Controls Committee that meets regularly to align on supporting the Business effectively, and review complex &/or high risk transactions.
- Perform root cause analysis and drive corrective action of exceptions identified by key controls stakeholders.
- Ensure remediation plans are in place and tracked to completion for Issues identified from Self-Assessment process and from Internal Audit results.
- Develop metrics reporting and analytics of implemented processes that measure risk and support continuous business improvement activities.
- Collaborates with Controllership to develop and maintain procedures and standard processes to assess, report, and remediate operational risk and compliance-related issues; provides regular self-assessment reporting to Group Executives and Country Managers.
- Lead a segment of the accounting close process for a portfolio of business units and geographic countries to ensure high quality accounting accuracy, timely and meaningful reporting, and compliance to US GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements. This may involve critically assessing existing processes to ensure they are efficient and effective in addressing the risks profile. In addition, some hands-on accounting tasks and/or reviewing the work of peers and business partners is expected
- Effective and efficient management of the accounting close process - Meet accounting close deadlines, ability to communicate and resolve issues with business partners
- Compliant with corporate policies, US GAAP, SEC and SOX, accurate accounting of transactions leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors and no repeat-audit points
- "Go-to" person for the business units' conduct of business transactions to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards, laws, policies and procedures. To pro-actively partner closely with the business, FP&A, Operations Support and other stakeholders to influence and drive issue resolution and initiate changes to enhance internal control and efficiency
- Be the "point person" person for both the US GAAP and local statutory financial statements providing the framework to ensure timeliness in compliance with both US and local GAAP and statutory requirements
- Lead and operate the statutory accounts process with minimal supervision and make decisions based on acquired skills and knowledge. Effective communication with business partners and stakeholders
- Be a change agent to propose and lead projects from time to time to further drive for efficiency but ensuring the financial and internal controls are assessed and managed. Highly adaptive and open to changes with excellent project management skills to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Make decisions on appropriate accounting treatment for transactions in compliance with published policies and guidelines
- Prioritize tasks within job function balancing the need to meet tight deadlines and other corporate demands
- Initiate and implement process changes to improve controls, work productivity or quality of work output
- Exercise good judgment to escalate issues to higher level management or Project Lead, along with recommended solution to resolve
- Part of Controllership team that reviews and/or processes general ledger accounting records supporting annual revenue/expenditure base of US$1B covering the Asia Pacific
- Compliance to statutory and accounting regulations of cluster of countries in Asia Pacific
- Degree in Accounting or ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years relevant accounting experience in a multi-national publicly traded company
- Qualified CPA/CA required
- Familiar with US GAAP/IFRS and SEC requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work well in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm is preferred
- Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting accounting issues
- Working knowledge of internal controls
- Conversant with integrated accounting applications: particularly Oracle
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications: Excel, Word, Access
- Conceptual and working knowledge of financial database
- US or European enterprise with regional presence in several Asia Pacific countries
- Strong business ethics
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
At Visa, your individuality fits right in and we embrace inclusion and diversity of thought. We are committed to creating the kind of workplace where you want to be and we can facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements for you.