Director, Strategy & Planning Japan Marketing
- Tokyo, Japan
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As a Strategy & Planning Director for Visa Japan’s Brand, Product, Innovation, Client marketing and Sponsorship team, you will be responsible for developing integrated marketing and communications approaches that build on Visa’s rich heritage of innovation, leverage our unique portfolio of assets, and position Visa as the payments technology leader of the future. If you’re a creative, analytical, detail-oriented, and energetic project manager who loves taking on new challenges, we’d love to talk to you.
Reporting to Visa Japan’s head of marketing, you will lead the Strategy and Planning Projects within Visa Japan’s Brand, Innovation, Product, Sponsorship and Client Marketing area. You’ll lead cross-functional projects related to brand and product marketing, sponsorships, and partner marketing efforts. You’ll ensure seamless collaboration across the team, the broader Marketing function, and other functional teams in Japan, AP hub and Global, to evolve the Visa brand for the future and bring innovations to market.
Project manage key Japan marketing initiatives, including global sponsorship activations and product innovation programs. This role is highly cross-functional and requires collaboration across Product, Regional & Global Marketing, MSA, Communications, Sales, Finance, and other teams.
Lead the team Strategy & Planning operations across the Brand, Product, Sponsorship, Innovation and Client Marketing. This includes budget management, goal setting, annual planning, and facilitating regular team communications.
Manage agencies to maximize the resource capability
Work as a cross-functional project manager to bring new payment innovations to market, highlighting Visa’s innovation capabilities across our portfolio of sponsorship activations.
Lead Client marketing strategy “test & learn” pilots as we find new ways to demonstrate Visa’s leadership on client marketing in Japan through partnerships and new experiences.
Partner with regional & global marketing teams to advance key initiatives, to facilitate communications across teams, share best practices, and advance key initiatives.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Innovative and curious, always looking for ways to do things better
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly flexible, highly matrixed environment
- Proven ability to thrive in high pressure situations
- Positive and proactive – you identify areas to dive in and make things better, without direction
- Comfort with ambiguity – you’re able to quickly adapt to shifting projects and priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Japanese)
- Strong leadership skills – you work in complex culture
- Strong executive presence – you’re able to modulate your style and tone to the audience
- Stellar project management skills and attention to detail
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; you’re comfortable managing spreadsheets, devising formulas, performing data analysis and power points
- 10+ years of professional experience in marketing or a related field; multi-national company experience preferred; Overseas studying & work experience preferred