Sr Software Engineer - Java
- Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position is an individual contributor role on the Issuer Processing Risk Development Team. The successful candidate will be part of a team to design and develop solutions for external/internal web services and enhancements to voice response capabilities. Candidate will assist with troubleshooting and resolving defects during the software development lifecycle. Candidate will interface directly with staff members of Development, Product Management, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Gather and analyze requirements from product owners
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems using Java, J2EE and open source technologies
- Understand and adhere to SOA principles utilizing a REST based foundation.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing complex Java and J2EE applications
- Familiarity with Linux operating system administration
- Experience designing and developing Java and J2EE applications
- Knowledgeable of common developer tool sets such as Java, XML, JSON, REST, Spring etc.
- Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines.
- Service excellence and innovation; create opportunities; consistently think and act 'ahead of the curve.'
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough.
- Working knowledge SQL, NoSQL DB considered a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.