Technical Product Manager
- Foster City, CA, us
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses, and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants, and government entities with a secure, convenient, and reliable way to pay and be paid in more than 200 countries and territories.
The Corporate IT (CIT) organization is responsible for all facets of architecture, software development and production support of key internal systems supporting areas such as Finance, Revenue, Treasury, Human Resources, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Contact Center and End User. Within this organization, the Legal, Risk & Compliance Information Technology team supports full life-cycle delivery and ongoing support of strategic technology initiatives for the business units, and the global employee community.
Located in Foster City, Product Manager will report to the Sr. Director, as an individual contributor collaborating closely with Legal, Risk & Compliance business partners to understand business requirements/goals, identify AS-IS, TO-BE and GAPs to implement these solutions, and where applicable proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies. This role will have significant interaction with multiple technology teams such as End User Technology, Identity & Access Management, Information Security, Network, and Operations, as well as third-party vendors. The portfolio includes SaaS and internally hosted packaged applications. Senior Systems Analyst will have input on solution selection, and hold leadership roles in solution delivery.
This position requires a minimum of 5 years of combined experience in technical product development/implementation, and business analysis in techno-functional teams. A background working with packaged software in the Legal, Risk and Compliance domains (e.g. Archer, iManage, LexisNexis etc.) is highly desirable. They must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise-wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently with minimal direction and be able to handle competing priorities.
- Define the product roadmap, success metrics, SLA by partnering with other leaders in LR&C, keep it up to date and enforce
- Work closely with all stakeholders for scope and prioritization to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of and achieve high rating from customers
Function as the systems subject matter expert (SME) for 2-3 distinct functional areas (i.e. Privacy Impact Assessment, Legal Billing, Records Management etc…)
Function as a product manager to explore, evaluate, recommend, and design new features and functionalities for applications implemented at Visa
Participate in the architecture and integration of Legal & Compliance applications including design, testing, implementation
- Perform quality and user testing including test strategy documentation, test case preparation, test execution and test results documentation
- Work with project management to participate in agile working teams to ensure seamless timely delivery of products
- Work with operation and engineering teams to ensure reliable operations and SLAs met or exceeded
Analyze system and data failures to identify and implement operational excellence and control needs
Ensure all processes are fully met in line with company guidelines and support, compliance reviews, testing and audits
Maintain working knowledge of Legal & Compliance technology trends and best practices
Develop, manage, and maintain positive relationships with business partners, vendors and consultants to address support and project activities
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
4+ years of product/project/program management or engineering experience preferably with external customer facing web software projects.
- A smart, passionate technologist who possess a curious mindset that has a history of asking “why?”
- Background in gathering stakeholder needs and documenting them as an Agile Product Owner-
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- SAFe experience preferred or experience in a large Agile environment with multiple locations and teams.
- Advanced knowledge of developing business process flows, and process modeling
- Superior communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users
- Strong follow-through, ability to drive to closure and resolution of complex system issues
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Ability to lead through organizational change and ambiguity and help business come up with a raodmap
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner and business leader, skilled at establishing formal and informal networks within the company.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position will require <5% travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.