Red Team Lead Cybersecurity Analyst
- Ashburn, VA, USA
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Sr. Information Security Analyst will work as a member of Visa Cybersecurity’s Ethical Hacking (Penetration testing) program. The objective of Visa’s Penetration Testing program is to pro-actively identify weaknesses and shortcomings in Visa’s security posture and recommend necessary controls and procedures to protect Visa adversarial threats. With this mission in mind, Visa’s pentest team experts are pro-actively involved in engagements that simulate adversarial threats and attacks in a timely manner.
The Sr. Information Security Analyst will be a key contributor for performing internal and external ethical hacks of Visa applications and systems. Pentest team members also help with design, development and recommendation of security solutions to protect Visa proprietary/confidential data and systems. The candidate will also assist with compliance objectives; provide guidance and direction for the logical protection of information systems assets to other functional units. Prepare reports regarding effectiveness of information security adherence and make recommendations for the adoption of new policies and procedures for Visa services.
Conduct high risk and sensitive ethical hacks of internally and externally hosted applications globally according to scope defined by the pentest team.
Subject matter expertise in web, mobile or network penetration testing with track record of end to end testing of complex systems.
Co-ordinate and execute system/network level pentests and ethical hacking exercises.
Pro-actively research and Identify network and system vulnerabilities and provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls to reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level.
Reviews results of network and application ethical hacks in order to determine severity of findings and to ensure proper remediation is applied.
Provide accurate and timely reporting of findings and proposed remediation and mitigations.
Technical support could include but not limited to the following: (1) Audit support & remediation, (2) Process Improvement, (3) Analysis & Reporting, (4) Cross Divisional Functional education, training and awareness, (5) Function/Methodology/Strategy advancement.
Provide technical support to senior management in identifying and streamlining new/existing protocols and tools used by the penetration testing team.
Mentor junior pentesters
Develop and automate scripts, tools and resources needed to advance ethical hacking capabilities around new and emerging technologies like mobile, cloud and embedded systems.
Actively involved in security research around new and emerging technologies.
• Eight to Ten Years of progressive experience with increasing responsibility in Information Technology, Information Security and Compliance that includes a combination of technical and project leadership responsibilities
• Expertise in performing advanced exploitation and post-exploitation attacks as part of ethical hacking exercises
• Prior experience or expertise performing Red team exercises will be a plus
• Experience in writing proof-of-concept exploits and creating custom payloads and modules for common ethical hacking frameworks and tools
• Well versed in system exploits (e.g. Buffer Overflows, PTH attacks, windows authentication framework etc.), network exploitation (e.g. VLAN hopping) or web application exploitation
• Well versed with security tools & frameworks like Metasploit, Core, Canvas etc.
• Extensive understanding of cryptographic concepts and applied cryptography
• Proficiency in one or more scripting language. E.g. Perl, Python, Shell Scripting etc.
• Prior experience with exploit development or writing system modules in C & C++, a major advantage. Knowledge of high level programming languages an added bonus
• Prior experience with reverse engineering, malware analysis and forensic tools will be an added advantage
• Good interpersonal, facilitation, and demonstrated emerging leadership skills
• Able to operate at an advanced level of written and spoken communication; write and speak effectively with impact
• Good understanding of Ethernet, switched LAN and WAN environment and detailed understanding of layer 3 and layer 4 specifications, including IP, TCP, TCP/IP routing protocols and management of ACLs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.