Chief Systems Architect
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position reports in to Network Processing Architecture and Consulting and is responsible for developing solutions and strategies for multi-year, complex business needs.
- Collaborate with business leadership to develop and clarify requirements to enable development of technical solutions that span VisaNet systems
- Create comprehensive technical approach documents for both small and large projects accounting for all areas of system and application development with consideration for intersections with other initiatives and processing platforms
- Provide architectural leadership to other application development leads to develop flexible, cost effective approaches to tactical and strategic business requirements
- Provide expert insight in the development of technical and customer facing documentation including technical release articles and VisaNet technical specifications
- Make key architectural decisions on critical processing and project/program issues and escalate appropriately
- Provide subject matter expertise across the organization in the areas of payment processing
- Foster collaboration across teams through mentoring and expert guidance as required to develop the most cost effective solutions
- Provide executive level support for initiatives, particularly as related to re-use, funding requirements and areas of risk
- Stay current with emerging technologies and business directions and have the ability to apply to strategic direction and roadmap activity
- Multi tasking ability essential to handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management
- Requires significant knowledge of the payment business and all products and services provided by VisaNet
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
- At least 15 years experience with information technology with extensive company and payment industry knowledge
- Experience with architecting solutions for highly scalable, highly available systems is required
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.