Sr. SW Test Engineer- Data Product Development
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are more than 5,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world. The Issuer Processing Software Test team is part of Visa's Global Development group. We deliver quality services and solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, and technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of revenue-generating areas within the company. This team is dedicated to its customers and to building on past achievements. We are committed to leveraging innovative technology to enhance quality and to accelerate time-to-market. Visa has one of the most visible and most used comprehensive payment systems in the world. It is an exciting time for any professional to join the Software Test Team.
About Visa Commerce Solutions
Visa Commerce Solutions is a small start-up like team within Visa that works on to allow merchants new methods to grow their businesses and build stronger customer relationships. Joining our team means
you’ll get the best of both worlds: the culture of a fast-paced startup with the security and scale of a Fortune 500 brand. Our group is devoted to building forward-thinking products to give our partners a leg up. Here’s a sample of what we’ve been working on:
· Launched Uber Local Offers in August 2016, a new way for riders to earn discounted rides by simply using the same Visa card on file with Uber at their favorite local merchants
· Leveraging Visa data to power our technology and ensure that we’re serving the most relevant, personalized offers to consumers
· Driving value to high profile brands including Dunkin Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Regal Entertainment, and Whole Foods Market.
· Building out the best-in-class APIs that accelerate the delivery of merchant solutions and data analytics to fuel business growth and strengthen customer relationships.
You can find out more about our products here: https://usa.visa.com/run-your-business/commercial-solutions/solutions/visa-commerce-network.html
An ideal candidate for this position would execute the following responsibilities:-
- Take complete ownership of a product assigned from the point of test plan creation and perform different kinds of tests to ensure that a good quality product is pushed out to production
- Plan test schedules and drive execution activities to consistently deliver product on time and with high quality
- Provide clear visibility on plans, communicate issues/risks and progress to the team and leadership team to resolve quality issues on time and keep the project schedule on track
- Design, develop, document, and execute
a. API automated tests in Java environment using TestNg and Maven
b. front end automated UI tests in Java environment using Selenium webdriver, TestNg and Maven
- Converts existing manual test scripts into automated scripts
- Review and maintain existing automated infrastructure and add tests
- Write test cases and detail test scenarios, ensure their completeness, automation, and execution.
- Integrate test automation with build systems and drive development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Analyze the regression failures and strive to keep the nightly regression bucket clean
- Monitor and maintain the health of the existing regression test suites
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field and 3 years of experience with testing efforts.
- Experience with Selenium Automation Framework.
- Experience using maven
- Experience with test development in eclipse
- JUnit and TESTNG Framework experience.
- Experience creating and identifying End to End integration test cases.
- Experience with source control system –Git
· Conduct requirements gathering with business and developers to ensure clarity of requirements. Lead design review sessions to ensure compliance with development, platform and security standards
· Provide strong hands-on technical expertise performing development of platform framework components
· Identify opportunities for and contribute to improvements in standards, and processes to support a continuous improvement approach.
· Adhering to Visa methodology, develop technical artifacts for sound, high-quality deliverables: from sizing to implementation.
· Working with on-shore and off-shore vendors, internal staff, and system integrators manage the delivery of required solution components to ensure quality and timeliness of work.
Communicate effectively and proactively with stakeholders and articulate ideas and
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours and couple of hours in the night to coordinate with other global teams.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.