Senior Director, North America Marketing - Media and Digital Platforms
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Inc. – North America Marketing is searching for an ambitious, insightful, and enthusiastic media and digital expert. This role is part of the Visa North America Go-to-Market team that is responsible for building and executing plans to communicate Visa’s marketing messages to consumer and B2B audiences. The right candidate will have the opportunity to lead a team of internal subject matter experts and external agencies, and work closely with cross-functional leads to amplify key marketing messages. They will help to evolve Visa’s data-led, signal based audience segmentations and digital targeting, while planning and negotiating large broadcast deals to support global and national sponsorships (NFL, FIFA, Olympics). The person will also oversee the management and operation of Visa.com (US) and Visa.ca (Canada), and plans to drive qualified site traffic. We are on a journey to evolve and grow Visa’s marketing capabilities through better use of data to drive effective and efficient business results to Visa, and you can help lead that mission.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with 12+ years of relevant marketing experience.
- MBA/ or advanced degree
- 13+ years of relevant and related marketing experience including 5+ years on the agency side
- Prior management experience leading a high performing team
- You are naturally curious with a notable interest in the whole business, not just the Instagram-worthy views from the SF office or Olympians walking our halls.
- You are a leader who can inspire team members to deliver powerful work, and who can help grow future leaders.
- You are a strong collaborator who can demonstrate success in delivering and navigating complex projects in a matrixed, distributed global organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated, self-managed with a sense of urgency and ‘can do’ attitude
- You have outstanding verbal and written communications with ability to communicate with a diverse audience, including C-level executives, clients, and business, product, technology, and finance stakeholders.
- Digital mindset: sets and measures quantifiable goals, learns, and continually optimizes approach
- You will guide the approach, implementation, and optimization of a strategic framework for US media campaigns. Plans cross online (site-direct, social, programmatic, paid search) and offline (broadcast, print, out-of-home) media.
- You are hands on experience delivering, implementing and gaining approval and adoption of strategic media plans from brief to plan to learning agenda to optimization to post reporting.
- You have extensive experience driving brand health and direct response results through digital media, with a deep knowledge of programmatic and social media tactics.
- You will negotiate key media partnerships across broadcast and digital media channels in support of Visa Sponsorships (i.e. NFL, Olympics, FIFA, etc.)
- Guide team of 4 in house subject matter experts, and various media agency resources
- Establish productive relationships with key partners and subject matter experts within Visa spanning Brand, Product, Creative, Research, Measurement, Analytics, Risk and Privacy, Legal, and Finance.
- Partner with analytics, research and measurement teams to measure the impact of media campaign strategies and optimizations, and evangelize results to corporate-wide stakeholders.
- Negotiate annual media agency staffing plans and agreements.
- Partner with the Marketing Technology Team, product leads and data partners to bridge and build new opportunities for further media efficiencies, sophisticated measurement, attribution and increased performance
- Oversee the management strategy, management, and optimization of Visa.com (US) and Visa.ca (Canada), including SEM and SEO plans.
This position will be performed in an office setting. This positin will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Travel: the position will require the incumbent to travel 15-20% (domestically and internationally)
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidlines and applicable local law.