Finance Operations Analyst, MENA Controllership
- Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional. This role under the Controllership Function, reports to the MENA & CEMEA Hub Controller to assist the Sales, Marketing, Products, Acceptance, Consulting and other functional staff to manage projects for clients and cardholders to drive Visa revenue growth. In addition, this role supports the country teams in ensuring corporate events, marketing or product campaigns, purchase of goods and services from third party suppliers, gifts and donations, are following established policies and procedures.
- To check and identify policy non-compliance issues, unusual trends and activities across multiple financial transactions including PO, Non PO transactions, Revenue, T&E, procure-to-pay, high risk vendors programs, client contract management, general ledger etc.
- To work with respective stakeholders to remediate identified issues.
- To assist in Quarterly risk rating reviews and coordinate & complete suggested remediation.
- To continuously investigate and analyze potential Issues and work with stakeholders, to address the assessment, and to support immediate and longer-term solutions.
- Serve as local subject matter expert on testing of internal controls over higher risk processes. Complete ongoing risk monitoring, assessment and suggest/complete remediation.
- Explore and come up with suggested solutions for all the noted / identified issues on improvements to existing queries and suggestions for new.
- Act as a driver of continuous improvement and innovation of the controls environment. Use direct experience, external benchmarking and knowledge of regulatory expectations to support the management has stated goal of developing a strong industry leading controls function.
- Handle ad-hoc projects as assigned by the Management
- Manage task tracker for the team including updates and periodical reporting
- Execute, reconcile and close low and high risk transactions:
- Monitor all transactions.
- Monitor gifts inventory.
- Ensure transactions are captured, recorded, summarized and reported in compliance with policies & procedures
- Accurate accounting of transactions - Leading to minimum accounting adjustments/errors and no repeat-audit points.
- Provide advisory to business function on policies and procedures.
- Provide training for personnel on policies, procedures, processes, tools, templates.
- Collaborate with controlling functions (legal, controllers, compliance, sourcing) to monitor deviations from policies and procedures; participate in remediation of operational risk and compliance-related issues.
- Report all incidents of non-compliance; participate in remediation of internal audit or other compliance issues.
- Coordinate with policy owners to schedule training sessions.
- Streamline internal processes to help business functions in doing their projects.
- Customize training materials to ensure relevance to local operations.
- Participate in detective controls and projects/programs monitoring under guidance received.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related quantitative field
- Excellent business acumen
- At least 5 years of relevant financial analysis work experience
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills and ability to clearly communicate results with senior level executives
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; able to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Exceptional report modeling and data management skills with the ability to work with large amounts of data and organize in a logical and efficient manner
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and produce and coordinate time sensitive deliverables
- Attention to detail and keen sense for accuracy are extremely critical
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Accounting and analytical/analysis skills
- Knowledge of financial systems (TM1, Hyperion, etc.)
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, and Hyperion, and strong skills in PowerPoint